Thread: ITAC News.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Sounds like they didn't do much research on their C4 vette choice before commissioning the build. Of course it gets a weight adders for large displacement/low-RPM-power.

300 whp I don't believe. But I suspect you'll see north of 240 whp, with a torque curve that is flat like my desk and hitting the 280+ mark.
    I am SURE they knew the 100 or 150 was coming. but I bet the 50 for DW surprised them.

(My recollection on the ITR tq thing was that it was discussed for MONTHS....like over 6 months.. What IS torque, how do you ID it? how much is too much? Is it the tq CURVE that counts? How can you FIND a the tq curve for every car. (if you can't then it's not applicable ), is it a relationship to HP? Do you stick a low hp car with the penalty if it has high tq? Or just high hp AND high tq cars. What about the transmission? LOTS of debate.
    Then there was the 'if it has a lot of tq, does it get a graduated adder?' question. 50, 100, 150.? If so, how do you decide? What are the break points?
    In the end, I think the committee decided it was too difficult to identify levels of tq, and a procedure for that was deemed impossible with the resources at hand, and decided that it was one of those things you knew it when you saw it, but couldn't really describe. (This was around the time I left the committee, I think, so anyone with better facts feel free to correct me)
    I think, in the end it was just simplified with a "we will know it when we see it, and if we see it it's getting 150" kinda thing.)

I know a lot of that discussion IS in the notes on the board
    Last edited by lateapex911; 03-01-2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com