Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ITAC News.

I thought it might be cool to have a thread about the ITAC here. Just as a thread that can float up from time to time as ITAC issues arise. Or, in this case, when we have an announcement.

This ones actually good for IT guys.

I have it on good word that one of our members, Chris Albin, has been cherry picked from our midst, and will be heading off to serve on the CRB!

Congrats to Chris on the "promotion" (his pay hike will NOT be retroactive, LOL)

While it's bad news for the ITAC, as Chris was one of our more active members, it is great news for the SCCA as a whole, and IT guys in particular, as having another IT voice on the CRB is a great thing.

Chris runs a VW in ITB, as well as a VW in G-Prod.

He joins recent ITAC alumni Peter Keane (Honda ITB guy, finished 3rd at the ARRCs this year) on the CRB.

I'm thinking the CRB can't be too worried about the job the ITAC is doing as it's pulling some of our guys out as of late.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

More news on the ITAC front.

Recently, we've lost (as noted above) two members to the CRB: Peter Keane (ITB Accord) and Chris Albin (ITB Golf).

We've filled in the open slots and the announcement was made today.

Congrats to these new ITACers:

Bob Stretch

Marshall Lytle

Josh Sirota

I think we all are familiar with them, and I'm pleased with the wide range of experience and backgrounds they bring to the plate.

Be nice to them until they get their helmets fitted..

Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

More news on the ITAC front.

Recently, we've lost (as noted above) two members to the CRB: Peter Keane (ITB Accord) and Chris Albin (ITB Golf).

Bob Stretch

Marshall Lytle

Josh Sirota
    I think we all are familiar with them, and I'm pleased with the wide range of experience and backgrounds they bring to the plate.
    Be nice to them until they get their helmets fitted..
    [/b]
    only a helmet? i am going down to my gunner's mate tomorrow for a full kevlar body armour fitting!

marshall
    ITAC newbie

[quote] More news on the ITAC front.

Bob Stretch

Marshall Lytle

Josh Sirota

only a helmet? i am going down to my gunner's mate tomorrow for a full kevlar body armour fitting!

marshall
    ITAC newbie
    [/b]
    Body armour is only needed if you're on the Prod committee!
    Paul Sherman
    Wichita Region
    '96 Neon #19 ITA (finally )
    Formerly known as P Sherm
    Joined 30 Sep 02
    Member No. 1176

marshall
    ITAC newbie
    [/b]
    This is cool... now I can go hunt down an ITAC member at my local track and personally give him hell for all the things Andy and Jake post on the board here . I'm liking this.

Seriously, congrats to our new ITAC members. I'm sure they'll contribute much to making a great class even better.

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Thats pretty funny Earl.

We get some "interesting letters", and one guy in particular writes long and scathing ones demanding huge changes..(like we all get fired, LOL)

Anyway, it turned out that he was at Lime Rock for a Pro race, so I ambled over to his trailer to say hi. The look on his face when I introduced myself as "Hey, I'm Jake Gulick, ITAC guy...you know, the guys who get your letters.." was priceless. I thought he was going to drop right there. But he recovered, and apologized, and then went on to reiterate his point. I smiled the whole time.

Seriously though, I've been approached by quite a few, esp when I'm in Atlanta, and everyone has been cool, and we've had productive conversations. I would encourage anyone who can to say hi, as long as it's not on grid with one minute to go!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

This is cool... now I can go hunt down an ITAC member at my local track and personally give him hell for all the things Andy and Jake post on the board here . I'm liking this.

Seriously, congrats to our new ITAC members. I'm sure they'll contribute much to making a great class even better.

[/b]

Congrats to the newly appointed......... and it would be nice if at (most) every IT race there was a ITAC member present and if there was a Q&A type session during the weekend. Or at least once during a season, in each region have such a GTG..

You know, I discussed that very idea with folks, and I wanted to do it at the ARRCs, but the idea fell on disinterested ears.

I would be happy to do some Q&A at events, and thought the ARRCs were a good place to start. We had 3 ITAC guys there this year, and 4 the year before, IIRC. It would have to be fit into an already busy schedule, and that proved to be the biggest undoing of the idea. We can bring it up again if there's interest.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Thats pretty funny Earl.

We get some "interesting letters", and one guy in particular writes long and scathing ones demanding huge changes..(like we all get fired, LOL)

[/b]
    would i know that guy?

[/b]
    oh oh...time to repaint the car and change the avatar... maybe something with a big target on it?

where do i find that "black helicopter" avatar?

seriously...hunt me down..easy to find..always in paddock space f16 at summit point!

would i know that guy?
    [/b]
    Oh, I'm thinking you just might.

(Nicer guy in person, actually)
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

"I would be happy to do some Q&A at events, & thought the ARRC was a good place to start. We had 3 ITAC guys there this year, & 4 the year before. It would have to be fit into an already busy schedule, & that proved to be the biggest undoing of the idea. We can bring it up again if there's interest."

(OG) I would not give up on the idea. Maybe it's just a matter of saying where & when w/lots of lead time. I know for a fact that there have always been plenty of drivers w/productive things to say at the Runoffs meetings that would never take the time to write a letter (or even send an email). There are a lot of intelligent guys out there running IT cars. Being able to tap into them en masse is a rare opportunity that should not be missed.

OK, in the interest of keeping up with the happenings, and although there's already a thread on this, just in case it was missed, the ITAC is pleased to announce that Kirk Knestis has agreed to be the new punching bag, and has joined the ITAC effective Jan 1 2008.

Welcome Kirk! I'm glad the stars finally aligned!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

This just in, Jeff Young and Scott Giles have decided to agree to terms. Welcome guys!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

I'm told the pay is exceptional....

Looking forward to helping out.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    This just in, Jeff Young and Scott Giles have decided to agree to terms. Welcome guys!
    There goes the neighborhood. We're all doomed.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

so who are the current ITAC members?

did two others come off the committee or is this two additional members?
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Two out, two in.

Long time member Geroge Roffe, (and frequent IT.com poster, back in the "Miller Days", has been struggling with work and life related time issues. (I think he must've gotten a new hottie GF, LOL) and found that things were getting spread too thin. And Bob Clarke, andother long timer, is racing more in the prod category, and has some pressing family issues,.....so.....

We got lucky. Scott has lots of IT experience, and has been an occasional critic of the SCCA way, and even the ITAC, so having him on board is kinda cool.

And Jeff has shown lots of hard work on the ITACs behalf in the past. He and Ron Earp answered the phone when i called and said, "You know that list of cars too fast for ITS? Time to get that going", and along with the "ITR ad hoc" guys, created that class. Giles was in on that too.

So, both have a lot going for them: they are active IT racers, they represent cars and classes that helps the ITAC remain diversified. (We REALLY needed some Brit car expertise!) and they are geographically ok too.

So, if you see them at the track feel free to pat them on the back or kick them in the butt, LOL.

Oh...on edit, the current ITAC is;

Andrew Bettencourt, Grand Poobah
    Josh Sirota, West Coaster
    Kirk Knestis Resident Policy Doc
    Marshall Lytle BMW insurgent
    Lee Graser "For the People!"
    Les Chaney "Just Say No!"
    Jeff Young, British Liaison
    Scott Giles Resident Honda guru
    and me,
    Last edited by lateapex911; 12-23-2008 at 02:42 PM.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Nice! Congrats to both Jeff and Scott. I'm certain that they'll be excellent additions the ITAC.
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lateapex911 View Post
    Two out, two in.

Long time member Geroge Roffe, (and frequent IT.com poster, back in the "Miller Days", has been struggling with work and life related time issues. (I think he must've gotten a new hottie GF, LOL) and found that things were getting spread too thin. And Bob Clarke, andother long timer, is racing more in the prod category, and has some pressing family issues,.....so.....

We got lucky. Scott has lots of IT experience, and has been an occasional critic of the SCCA way, and even the ITAC, so having him on board is kinda cool.

And Jeff has shown lots of hard work on the ITACs behalf in the past. He and Ron Earp answered the phone when i called and said, "You know that list of cars too fast for ITS? Time to get that going", and along with the "ITR ad hoc" guys, created that class. Giles was in on that too.

So, both have a lot going for them: they are active IT racers, they represent cars and classes that helps the ITAC remain diversified. (We REALLY needed some Brit car expertise!) and they are geographically ok too.

So, if you see them at the track feel free to pat them on the back or kick them in the butt, LOL.

Oh...on edit, the current ITAC is;

Andrew Bettencourt, Grand Poobah
    Josh Sirota, West Coaster
    Kirk Knestis Resident Policy Doc
    Marshall Lytle BMW insurgent
    Lee Graser "For the People!"
    Les Chaney "Just Say No!"
    Jeff Young, British Liaison
    Scott Giles Resident Honda guru
    and me,

Jake,

I heard that your seat was up for grabs to whoever could register a higher post count than yours by year end. Is that true????

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion