Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
Wait on dude. The issues have always been with the process math, the false belief that the system is truly objective, and the penalty of getting that wrong in high #/hp classes (NOT with the specific cars people use as examples). As long as the ITAC is not willing to use additional information to make decisions, we get the ITB that we have. Not my problem at this point.
In fairness Chris, I wouldn't throw it all on the ITAC. If the higher-ups didn't want something to happen, it didn't matter how much objective information and unified support the ITAC put behind something, it wasn't going to happen. That's just the way the SCCA is, and I doubt that will ever change. You know me, you know I've been around this for a long time, and have beat this drum for a long time, but like you, it's not my problem anymore. For a while, I held out hope that real change might happen, but eventually I realized that it wasn't going to. I agree with Jake, IT today is better than it was 10-15 years ago, and I guess I should take the glass half full approach. I'll always look back at the way things were, and know that I had some part in making them better. I'm ok with that. Working with the group on the ITR project was fun. The leadership of the SCCA has used a tried and true strategy to prevent real change, they stall long enough that people get frustrated and disgusted and move on.