I don't object much to the ruleset except that it keeps changing, upping cost with every change.

1. Alternate ECU - this should never have been allowed, and saying it has to be in the stock case is even dumber. I call this the "Honda rule".

2. Coilovers. these are totally out of the stated spirit of IT. Should have allowed alternate springs and thats it. No adjusters and the creep that followed.

3. I do wish I could relocate the battery. Had a fire after a crash due to mine getting crushed/dead shorted in the nose of the car.

4. The ever increasingly crazy safety rules. I've been doing it long enough that I've spent a small fortune on cage mods, race suits, helmets, window nets, seat belts etc.. Let me be responsible for my own safety (to some limit anyway).. We have more restrictive rules than many other forms of motorsport that go a lot faster, and with little evidence that its needed from an actuarial standpoint. If safety is so important, let people build as crazy a roll cage as they want.

I've said it before, but I prefer the philosophy of having the class intent to make a given car as fast as possible, not by adding go fast stuff, but just by removing the useless stuff (thus light as possible). Beyond that, the basic IT motor rules and springs/shocks/bars/bushings/wheels/tires and thats about it.. I think Cal club has done this with old Corollas and RX-7's if memory serves..

Oh, PS... I hate having to pull my car apart for others to inspect. I don't mind "open hood, open trunk", and when I was more actively racing, all the guys in winner impound generally did anyway. I don't care if others cheat on the little stuff; anybody who protests that may be within rights and spirit, but are just poor losers in my mind ("Vexatious protest"). I only car about the big stuff, and even then I don't really care. If you gotta go that far for a win, have at it. All the more sweet when I beat you.