Thread: STUPID RULES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Really, most of these seemingly stupid rules are quite logical when you read them in the context of the class philosophy. Note these terms in the ITCS: "low cost cars," "limited modifications," "restrict modifications to those useful and necessary to construct a safe race car," "inexpensive cars." The gist is that IT is a stock-based class and the default rule is that they stay stock except as "useful and necessary" to make a safe and decent car for racing. I.e. they remain primarily stock cars - they are not intended to be, as someone mentioned, "real race cars." They have washer bottles simply because they came w/ washer bottles and there is no compelling reason why they should be removed.
    That said, I sure would like jack plates/points. [/b]
    Bill, hehe, now your blowing smoke up my skirt.

You state that "restrict modifications to those useful and necessary to construct a safe race car," but then say, they are not intended to be, as someone mentioned, "real race cars." Which was me that said that.

1. My washer bottle would never function because of all the shit that flys up on my sand blasted windshield would never mix with washer solvent or water! Use you washer bottle after someone blows synthetic oil on your windshield.

2. My not a real race car is illegal for the street and I can only run it on enclosed courses so whether you like it or not, it's a race car.

3. The Moroso oil catch tank was in it's place when I bought the damn car and it weights a hell of a lot more than the windshield bottle, thus I'm penalizing myself with the weight difference.

4. The oil catch tank is much more functional and more of a safety item the the washer bottle ever will be or ever was.

5. My car came with a lot of shit like seats passanger, rear seats and a hell of a lot more that I was allowed to remove and your going to tell me I have to keep the washer bottle because the car came with it!!!!!!!!??????????

6. Windshield washer bottles and jack plates and common sense items! One should be done away with and the other you should have. :snow_cool:

For one and for all, if you need jack plates, put them on and tell them Dan said it was OK.

Bill, hehe, now your blowing smoke up my skirt.

You state that "restrict modifications to those useful and necessary to construct a safe race car," but then say, they are not intended to be, as someone mentioned, "real race cars." Which was me that said that.

1. My washer bottle would never function because of all the shit that flys up on my sand blasted windshield would never mix with washer solvent or water! Use you washer bottle after someone blows synthetic oil on your windshield.

2. My not a real race car is illegal for the street and I can only run it on enclosed courses so whether you like it or not, it's a race car.

3. The Moroso oil catch tank was in it's place when I bought the damn car and it weights a hell of a lot more than the windshield bottle, thus I'm penalizing myself with the weight difference.

4. The oil catch tank is much more functional and more of a safety item the the washer bottle ever will be or ever was.

5. My car came with a lot of shit like seats passanger, rear seats and a hell of a lot more that I was allowed to remove and your going to tell me I have to keep the washer bottle because the car came with it!!!!!!!!??????????

6. Windshield washer bottles and jack plates and common sense items! One should be done away with and the other you should have. :snow_cool:

[/b]
    Have you written a letter to the CRB asking for a rule change regarding the washer bottle?
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Have you written a letter to the CRB asking for a rule change regarding the washer bottle? [/b]
    Bill, in all honesty I have not. I was really hoping that common sense would prevail and that someone in the CRB would look at the waterbottle issue and just take out his or her's eraser........and that would be the end of it. The ECU rule was worth typing a letter. The waterbottle issue so so abstract from reality that no one in their right mind would ever consider to DQ or protest a racer for not having one.