Thread: STUPID RULES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok I will play, a couple of years ago at the Glen we had one of those races where we spent a lot of time behind the Pace Car. 3 laps of green and the 5 very slow laps of full course yellow, 2 laps of green and then yellow again for 3 or 4 laps. I was hot there was no air moving and the rotary puts out some heat. After we took the checker I took of my gloves. I spent years flagging and always wave to the workers. By about half way around the cool off lap the flaggers were all yelling at me to put my gloves back on. I kept waving. Sure enough I was pulled over in the pits and scolded by a steward for a few minutes. Kept my helmet on and just nodded. I could not hear a word he was saying.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Ok I will play, a couple of years ago at the Glen we had one of those races where we spent a lot of time behind the Pace Car. 3 laps of green and the 5 very slow laps of full course yellow, 2 laps of green and then yellow again for 3 or 4 laps. I was hot there was no air moving and the rotary puts out some heat. After we took the checker I took of my gloves. I spent years flagging and always wave to the workers. By about half way around the cool off lap the flaggers were all yelling at me to put my gloves back on. I kept waving. Sure enough I was pulled over in the pits and scolded by a steward for a few minutes. Kept my helmet on and just nodded. I could not hear a word he was saying.
    [/b]

I've seen may Pro drivers do this as well as taking of helmets and hanging out open doors. I wondered if Hans Stuck ever got yelled at? Lesson: Don't wave to corner workers with gloves off. hehe

Maybe not stupid,but I don't really understand the reasoning behind not being able to remove heater hoses or the heater core,while being able to block them. [/b]

Hmm, makes you wonder???

I've seen may Pro drivers do this as well as taking of helmets and hanging out open doors. I wondered if Hans Stuck ever got yelled at? [/b]
    Yup...WGI in the late 80's...IMSA race...they got all wiggy about it...it was the beginning of the 'dark period' at WGI. But...he had a pretty good 'yodel' on the podium.

Yup...WGI in the late 80's...IMSA race...they got all wiggy about it...it was the beginning of the 'dark period' at WGI. But...he had a pretty good 'yodel' on the podium. [/b]
    But it never stopped him. :026:

At Watkins Glen, you pull off disabled and stop. The whole course goes yellow, while the tow truck trundles out to pull the car. You pull off your helmet, and then jump in the tow truck for a ride. Nope...no riding unless fully dressed...put that helmet back on you raidical enemy of all things safe.

Yup, ole Bubba is in a T-shirt and jeans, but YOU have to be fully kitted up.

Most uptight place I've been to.....
    [/b]
    Same way in NASA, they'll fine you $50.00 if you aren't fully dressed.