OK,
A clarification, among other things. I applauded Chris's post because of several posts on the last thread about IT going National, implying that ITC/ITB were "dying classes". Please don't ask me to go back and research/quote anyone. It's not that big of a deal. I didn't aim my post at anyone, or name names, so I'm surprised at all the responses.
I don't own an IT car anymore, but I drive in them several times a year, and my heart will always be with IT because I started there, and had/have a blast when I get the opportunity to race them. It is..bar none.. the greatest entry level (no slam on the full bore IT efforts) racing class ever created.
People are naturally going to be territorial, especially when they've spent years developing their cars, and an overdog gets re-classified (again, no specifics here) into their class, but I'm with Kirk when he says he wants the competition on the track with him. Honestly, I'm not familiar with the process for getting a new car classified for any class, but I am familiar with the frustration of trying to get some spec lines changed. Again, this was only in reference to the car I was driving at the time, so my interest was just that..my interest. That being said...This topic was Stupid Rules...I didn't mean for my post of smileys to drag us off an excellent topic!
Please carry on!

Mark