Thread: STUPID RULES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Must keep power steering functional if your car came with it? (And you can't backdate/change because all of "your car" had a power steering pump)

But in SM they can be disabled and SM is "supposed" to be more limited prep than IT.....

R

Must keep power steering functional if your car came with it? (And you can't backdate/change because all of "your car" had a power steering pump)

But in SM they can be disabled and SM is "supposed" to be more limited prep than IT.....

R [/b]
    Some of these are funny. In SM you are allowed to update backdate to the non-power rack - just like in IT. The only difference is the 'conversion allowance' - but it's still like IT in that there were cars with manual racks, so it's potato/potahto.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Some of these are funny. In SM you are allowed to update backdate to the non-power rack - just like in IT. The only difference is the 'conversion allowance' - but it's still like IT in that there were cars with manual racks, so it's potato/potahto.
    [/b]
    Okay, I have a 4v 240sx and none of those had manual racks. Ron has a JH and no JHs had power steering. How come I can't use a manual rack, we both race in ITS?

Okay, I have a 4v 240sx and none of those had manual racks. Ron has a JH and no JHs had power steering. How come I can't use a manual rack, we both race in ITS? [/b]
    It's a SS based class.

Biggest pet peave: Drivers who "know" others are cheating and will only bitch and complain instead of policing their own patch. Grow a pair or STFU. Rule issue? I would love to see an open hood/trunk policy in impound like in Solo.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

It's a SS based class.

Biggest pet peave: Drivers who "know" others are cheating and will only bitch and complain instead of policing their own patch. Grow a pair or STFU. Rule issue? I would love to see an open hood/trunk policy in impound like in Solo.
    [/b]
    I have the same pet peeve. On the open hood/trunk policy, I wrote a letter to that effect earlier this year (and including pulling a wheel off too), and was pleased to see the request for member input on that in the latest fastrack. So everyone, write your letters! I don't see how we're supposed to self-police without being able to see anyone else's equipment, so I'd really like to see this happen. As you say, it has worked great forever in Solo.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe