Seriously - you crazy kids go for it. I'm AOK.

So far, Joe's the only one who's found rules that actually rise to the level of "stoopid" in my book - the balaclava and SFI label dumbness. We have collectively been lulled into a happy place where fire protection is required only because it's a rule, not because anyone really expects to catch on fire. And SFI is a trade organization - nothing more.

Add to that list the complete lack of any requirement for eye protection. That's a stupid rule.

The rest are simply manifestations of our individual fantasies about what a "real race car" is supposed to look like.

(He said, with appropriate academic detachment because from here on out, IT is one more case study in creep that he expects to support his existing hypotheses about influences causing road racing classes to wither and die.)

K
[/b]
What do I win?

cause I have more? Why allow cars without fuelcells and with full carpet...(ss/touring) have a hand held fire extingisher and reqiure a full system in a GT1 car?

Cages....bolt in for SS/IT and the weld in full tilt boogie cage required for prod....Most IT/SS cars weigh more and are more likely to actally use the cage.

Why not have safety rules for the club instead of the class.