Thread: STUPID RULES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well,

.... I think we should be able to relocate the battery. I don't think that the design of some of these cars that we modify into racers make "Safe" sense.

.... Take for instance the new Miata. The Battery is setting right in front of the engine ....... Duh

.... A set standard (like a certain box mounted a specific way) makes better sense. I have seen batteries on the track ...... Now is that safe????

.... And that Washer Bottle....... Let's get a grip ...... lol Can you imagine what Newbs think .....

.... Should I throw in Port matching for Rotories? ........ Whah

.... Rick Thompson

.... And that Washer Bottle....... Let's get a grip ...... lol Can you imagine what Newbs think .....
    [/b]
    I just don't see that as an issue for "newbs." More often than not, a newb either buys/rents a built car, or builds his own by starting with a street car (i.e., it already has a washer bottle, so it's not hard to keep it.) Besides, they really are useful ... I always keep some fluid in mine just in case I get mud thrown up, and I have used it more than a couple of times.

As I go through my current build, the only rules that strike me as silly are:
    - Can't remove amps/speakers/antennas, but the rest of the interior gets to go
    - Tremendous amount of wiring required for things that are removed
    - Can't remove emissions stuff except for a few explicit items (EGR, cats)
    - No guidelines for window nets. Doesn't even explain what it's for. Could have a VERY small one and it would be legal. (Seriously, does anyone know how to pick the right size net?)

But generally speaking, I think the IT ruleset is pretty great!
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe