Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all Z driver's

GCR 17.37 allows cryo treatment.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

"I have three I can't seem to give away"

Where are you located? If you're giving away three transmissions that work I'll take all 3.

Tom

Somethings I carry for my 510 (not already mentioned) are starter, alternator and radiater hoses.

Has any body had any problems breaking diff mounts? I've gone through 2 on my street/track car 280Z.

Also in case nobody else has mentioned it - brakes, brakes and more brakes.
    Roy Armstrong
    Rotating Roy Racing
    Datsun 510 ITC

"Has any body had any problems breaking diff mounts?"

Stock ones will break all the time. Unfortunately, stock is all that's allowed in the IT rules. You can either put a twist in the leather strap thingy that wraps across the top of the nose of the diff so that there isn't any slack in it (if you do it right it takes a floor jack to get the diff back up in there), or you can have an accident with the drill. Not that I would condone such a thing, but if you accidently drill a couple longitudinal (fore-aft) 3/8 holes in your stock diff mount and insert a rod in each one and weld them in and grind the welds flush and then paint it black and put the factory part number sticker back over it nobody will ever know you accidently drilled the holes. And, by amazing coincidence, you will quit having to buy new diff mounts every other race.
    katman