Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 240SX ITA

WooHoo!!!! I'll pay you guys money if you can beat up on Andy at LRP!!

I would imagine you guys will do very well at ARRC. Plus, it's a lot of fun!!!
    [/b]
    We'll do our best for ya. We do for some luck there soon! Back to back Nissan victories at the AARC would be pretty sweet.

And I REALLY hope this car and this car make there way into NER. It's going to be a great year. The year of RWD!
    [/b]
    The more Nissans the merrier for us. ITA should be alot of fun to be around. And our trailer will definitely be the place to be...
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

And I REALLY hope this car and this car make there way into NER. It's going to be a great year. The year of RWD! [/b]
    Andy, I'm hoping the second one you noted there doesn't end up in the NER, but stays in the DC region; I get the feeling if Kirk isn't successful in selling the car we will at least see him at a few MARRS events this year. If nothing else maybe we can convince Ginsberg to come over to Nissan
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

Talking

Hello Guys:

I am 6'3" 250LBS and while looking for a S13 240sx to prepare I ran into the fact that I do fit inside of these cars. How tall are you and how much clearance do you have on top of your head.

Thanks,

ps. As a result I might end up building a '85 Corola GTS just to keep that RWD feeling. We normally run on a 1.5mi 12 turn track where light and quick is better than heavy and fast.
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

Im 6'2 and 230lbs. I fit comfortably in the S13. Maybe a different seat would work better for you? We have a guy taller than i am, though very skinny that fits in as well.
    Greg Deems
    BB Racing/ BB Customs
    www.bbracingusa.com
    #00 ITR 300zx- sold, look for another rental miata soon
    Whether it be your race car or your street car, let BB take it to the next level...

Talking

When I tried the car (stock) my hair touched the roof liner and there seems to be not much room to improve. Is there better chances with a car that has no sun roof?

Thanks,
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546
    https://improvedtouring.coms/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12013&dateline=120412  5665

Hello Guys:

I am 6'3" 250LBS and while looking for a S13 240sx to prepare I ran into the fact that I do fit inside of these cars. How tall are you and how much clearance do you have on top of your head. [/b]
    I'm 6'-4", 260 and I have enough headroom (2"+); however I did have to install the seat as low as possible and with quite a bit of layback to get it. I did actually do a couple of track days in the car with the stock seats, but I do remember my helmet was touching the headliner then.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

I am 6'3" 250LBS and while looking for a S13 240sx to prepare I ran into the fact that I do fit inside of these cars. How tall are you and how much clearance do you have on top of your head.

[/b]
    jeremy has one for sale in the classified section and he is 6'3" i think, but skinny. if you are near the northeast you should try it on.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I'm also 6'4" and my seat is a 20degree layback that I installed with the front sitting on the structural ridge across the floorboard and the rear of the seat is about an inch off the floor (so there's about an inch difference from front to back... not sure how much more that changes the back angle from vertical)
    but I have plenty of headroom, I didn't even have to move the seat inboard to clear the roll bar.
    Hillbilly Motorsports
    Just 'Cuz were willing to try it,
    doesn't mean we know what were doing!
    ITA 240SX #76

Hello Guys:

[/b]
    I'm about 6'4", depending on which shoes I wear that day. But, yes, you will have plenty of room in this car. When prepped for racing, this car is as big as my living room. Plenty of headroom, I actually feel like I sit too low in this car, which is a big surprise for me.

If you are anywhere near northeast Massachusetts, stop on by and have a test sitting.

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

I'm about 6'4", depending on which shoes I wear that day.
    Jeremy [/b]
    Yes, those shoes you wore to the "Cheap Date Regional" were particularly striking, but jeez, at 6' 7", you didn't get much action, did you? Plus, your wife was pissed at how you streched them out......
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Talking

Thanks everyone:

My seat is a Sparco EVO II and so far I believe it's going to have to set it with an inclination.

Thanks,
    Efrain N Alers
    Nativo Performance
    787-635-9546

Apparently us tall guys like 240SXs. I'm 6'5", though I'm a skinny dude with long legs. I'm not sure I could be much taller from the waist up and still fit with my helmet on. My helmet extends above the roll cage bars so I have good padding on the bars in case my head gets knocked around. I have a Kirkey seat mounted right on the stock seat bracket so the seat couldn't be any lower. It's a pretty upright seat (which I like), so a little bit of room could be gained with a steeper angle.

My biggest issue is actually with the steering wheel. Bob had a 15" wheel and my right leg would hit it while trying to heel/toe. I've been using a 13" wheel that gives me a lot more room, but I think I may try a 13.5 or 14" wheel as the 13" makes tighter corners a pain in the ass.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region