A oval part of a roval is just like any other corner. However they tend to be very long, high speed, banked corners.

I run Phoenix as my home track and there for me the turns 3-4 of NASCAR track are flatout. Not stupid easy flatout, but not real hard once you get comfortable. I figure the cars is maybe 95% at is cornering limit so you still need to drive it keep it there.

In this case I use and tech to all my DE students to used low mid groove. This is about 1 car width from the inside yellow line. The cars (nearly all of them I have seen) run best there. Go low and the corner gets tight, go high and there is alot of crap up there. You can enter this section from either the middle of the track or from the outside and sort of swing in, but it does not impact me as I am flat out anyway. Most of time I sort of swing in from the high side a bit since their prior turn puts me there as I get on oval part. Corner exit is gently unwind to "free the car" for me or apply power for higher hp/lower grip cars.

The other roval I run is Cal Speedway. This section we used turn 1-2 of NASCAR config and we get farily strong run to the turns. The final road course turn puts us on the oval about mid track heading for start/finish. At start finish I am flat out at 110 or so maybe 2-3 car withs from the inside as I set-up for the banked turns. I also hold a constant distance to the insided line maybe 2 width's away. I need be high enough to use the banking to help, but don't need to run too high. This is easy flat out (maybe 75% limit), but is a bit spooky drafting another car at 132 mph. Corner exit is swing out not to gain speed, but to set-up for the tight left that comes short after getting on the back straight.

So technique varies, but you need to figure it out just like and other high speed turns. Willow Springs for example has two corners similar to oval corners. One is turn 8-9 of which 8 is flat out in 5th for most cars with little banking in to a decreasing radius 9. Similar to rovals it is very fast and very long. The other is turn 2 which is fast 200 degree turn that is slightly banked. This corner you don't really apex like most sincei it is so long and fast at 80-90 mph. Entry and exit are driven by the prior and following corners so you just huge it close and give her all she's got.