Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: IT Festival at MO

2 seconds faster? Cool, then maybe you can keep up with me and Doug!

I second the motion on the avatar!
    [/b]
    Watch it smarty! I'll be back, with a faster, lighter, and better Mustang this year!

If you remember, that last time I drove My Mustang at WHRRI your Porsche wasn't any quicker.
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

Yeah, but I've been working on it since, and gained two seconds... heh heh...

Maybe its time to start another thread, for smack-talking!!!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

I think we, the racing community in Great Lakes Division, may want to think twice about ignoring the class as such actions tend to drive potential competitors to other sanctioning bodies. Maybe SN is not big enough to bother with. If so, that's fine. But don't write them off because of "rules".

Bob...
    [/b]
    Good advice/comment Bob... I think you are 100% correct, and you point out a very good reason why many people are not interested in SCCA, but rather other sanctioning bodies.

My suggestion might be, that SN be allowed, and minor tech inspections are made... be upfront and honest with the class organizers that tech will not be a concern.. I am sure the class organizers would be more than willing to help. I only say that this class should be allowed simply because it seems to have a following (or does it?) and it would not effect anything by means of class groupings... IE: They are in reality ITA cars, so just run them with em, and get a couple extra trophies.

Also my suggestion for the SN people is to run in a group, and compete together. Get your own trophies and award them even if the region doesn't recognize it.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Hi everyone,

If the concern is about not including classes and having them turn to another race organization then the whole idea of a I.T. / Spec festival is for nothing. We cannot include every class that wants to join in the fun. If we do this in the first year then we may as well go back to a Double Regional and add back the 30 + SCCA classes we are also not inviting and hope for the best. As I said, succeed the first year, review and GROW.

We are defeating the whole purpose of the event if we start suggesting classes show up and hand out their own trophies. Aren't we????

Todd

Todd... you are correct, thanks for keeping focus...

SN guys/gals... come run in ITA, go for gold in ITA and also have your own "on the side" crowns for fastest Neons... You will have fun!!!

I remember back when we had a few more RX-7's in ITA in the Northeast, thier was a "mazda" throne (folding chaire) that the fastest mazda driver was able to sit in for the "after race socials." They were like a cult, but had a good time, and it didn't effect anything other than the ego's of a few

Raymond "we all have our own side races anyhow don't we?" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone has decided to run ITR class this year?

Todd

Hi everyone,

I was curious if anyone has decided to run ITR class this year?

Todd [/b]
    Hell yes! There seemed to be a lot of interest anyway, I can't give you a count. All the BMW's that didn't run last year may be running ITR this year plus who ever decides to build a ITR car. If there are any events in June @ Mid-Ohio, you might see a few.

If there are any events in June @ Mid-Ohio, you might see a few.
    [/b]
    June 2-3.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

I'll be flagging at a corner that weekend so I'll keep my eyes open. LOL

June 2-3.

[/b]
    Is this a for sure date for Mid Ohio? It's not listed @ the SCCA regional schedule. This would be a great time to start on my Mid O setup.

Todd, if your there I'll try and look you up.

Dan

I'll be there to pick you up if/when you run off the track also. This may be the National that OVR is adding a restricted regional to.

Dan,

Check the National schedule and see if it is the OVR race.
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

I'll be there to pick you up if/when you run off the track also. This may be the National that OVR is adding a restricted regional to.

Dan,

Check the National schedule and see if it is the OVR race. [/b]

Well I feel better knowing someone will give me a lift or a tow . Just a little story, last year I was @ Mid O and was going to do a race with NASA, 1st practice session after 2 laps, I have mechanical problems so I pull off the track @ 9 or 10 (2nd right before thunder valley). I sit in my car waiting for someone to come. After about 5 minutes the next group come screaming around the track and I'm sitting like an asshole in my car! I finally get out of the car and do everything except throw rock at the cars and the corner workers, after about 10 minutes of jumping around, screaming and waiving my arms like a wild man, finally the tow truck shows up and they don't stop the practice, they just pull me out onto the track and back to the pits!

Anyway, all I could find was something about a restricted regional, and no details.

Dan

Dan,

Sounds good. I think the OVR June 2nd-3rd date is still in the planning stages but they should have things settled soon.

Todd

This may be the National that OVR is adding a restricted regional to. [/b]
    Sorry, I didn't notice that when I posted. The GLDIV lists it on the schedule as a restricted regional with the National. I don't know any details. Run by OVR.

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Working on the details for the Restricted Regional during the National @ Mid-Ohio June 2-3. Will be a very Restricted Regional. Only enough time for 1 (maybe 2, but probably 1) Regional run group(s). With the large decline in National entries (since the Run-Offs move), we have a little time and are trying to put something together to give "some" the chance to run another weekend @ Mid-Ohio. I'll post additional info. once we get it all figured out.
    Matt Downing
    1995 Honda Civic EX Coupe - ITA
    Ohio Valley Region, SCCA

Working on the details for the Restricted Regional during the National @ Mid-Ohio June 2-3. Will be a very Restricted Regional. Only enough time for 1 (maybe 2, but probably 1) Regional run group(s). With the large decline in National entries (since the Run-Offs move), we have a little time and are trying to put something together to give "some" the chance to run another weekend @ Mid-Ohio. I'll post additional info. once we get it all figured out. [/b]

This is absolutly amazing that there are NO SCCA events before the Cinncy race in August!!! I sure hope there will be a test day before the event.

Dan, they're doing a PDX event for us and others to get some track time.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Hi everyone,

The PDX budget has been presented to the Race Committee and will be added to the weekend fun as proposed. Next step is to present the whole package ( PDX/ I.T. SPEC festival) to the BoD at the January meeting on the 16th. I'll let you know as more information becomes available.

Todd

Hi everyone,

The PDX budget has been presented to the Race Committee and will be added to the weekend fun as proposed. Next step is to present the whole package ( PDX/ I.T. SPEC festival) to the BoD at the January meeting on the 16th. I'll let you know as more information becomes available.
    Todd
    [/b]
    Great news! We'll be there! :026:
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Hi everyone,

Todd [/b]
    Todd, or someone, please explain what a PDX is? I was a driving instructor for the Porsche & BMW driving schools, is this something like them? If so I'd rather have a test day.