Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: IT Festival at MO

I am not too worried about whether there is a slower guy in a faster class grouped with us in ITB. How is that different from any other race? Yes it does happen with ITS cars too, It is the nature of the beast. Just the fact that we are not slammed in with 5 other classes will be a nice change to me...
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I don't agree for putting ITR with ITB. The spread in HP is big enough with ITS & ITB. It will be hard enough winning the ITB race when dealing with the Mid-Pack ITS cars/drivers whome excell on the streights but tend to have trouble getting through the turns (no comment). At Mid Ohio is is imperative to cary speed through the turns, and it is hard to run 2 wide or outbreak someone, especialy those faster HP cars that are mid pack. I really don't want to bitch about the ITS guys, as most are fine but some really are bad... adding ITR to the mix with new drivers and cars will really cause a problem with these higher HP cars holding us up in the corners........

Raymond [/b]
    Disagree. Do you really think a 2750 pound BMW E36 on 8.5" wide rims is going to hold up a 2550 pound Audi with 5 cylinders hanging out there on 6" rims in the corners??
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Disagree. Do you really think a 2750 pound BMW E36 on 8.5" wide rims is going to hold up a 2550 pound Audi with 5 cylinders hanging out there on 6" rims in the corners??
    [/b]
    Yup. Same as the Porsche in ITS at 2715# did last year.

Slow is slow, no matter what you drive. But anyone can go fast when they get to the straits. That is the problem. I had the same problem in the school when I was placed in the “fast” group. I was in an ITB Rabbit and was faster than some of the ITE cars - but only in the corners

Jason Benagh
    Steward - NER SCCA
    ITB 1995 VW Golf

As jason said... slow drivers or less developed cars are slow in the corners... even GT1 or production cars are an issue... when they hit the streight it doesn't matter the driver abilities or the cars decreased development, they will still drive away.

Andy-

The ARRC is a completely different animal IMO... The ARRC is trying to cram in A LOT more classes (and cars) into the day, thus the need to combine more classes. In this IT fetival idea the number of classes seems to be much less, thus the need to incorperate more opportunities for multiple entries. My opinion is completely based on the proposed classes, if more classes are added, well then my opinion would probably change.

Just my opinion... Either way I like the latest groupings that have been posted. (IE: ITR with ITE and TCC)

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Indeed, Spec Neon is alive up here! We usually run it with Spec Pinata at Waterford, but if we're looking to spread them out a little...

Otherwise, option #3 above seems like a decent spread to me...
    [/b]

Don't Neon's fit in ITB or ITC?

Todd

Don't Neon's fit in ITB or ITC?

Todd
    [/b]
    Uh oh, you may have offended them! :P

Both the DOHC and SOHC Neons are rightfully in ITA and if they come, they should be running there.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Both the DOHC and SOHC Neons are rightfully in ITA and if they come, they should be running there.
    [/b]

OOP's! Sorry about that guys. We can't run a Spec Neon class this year but your more than welcome to play in ITA.

Todd

We can't run a Spec Neon class this year but your more than welcome to play in ITA. [/b]
    I have several friends that run SN. Is there a particular reason why you can't recognize them as a seperate class, but put them in the same group as ITA? They may be a legal ITA car, but they are no where near full prep. They'll all be running several Mid-O races to prep for the NASA Nationals. If you offer them their own class, you may convince them to come to your event en mass.

Ed.
    Edwin Ho
    #65 SM
    www.ehmotorsports.org

Ed,

Its great to hear of other classes wanting to join in the fun. While I love the idea of running Spec Neon as an individual class it is something that we cannot incorporate into this years event. It comes down to the rules I must follow and the committment of the race committee to build this into an event to compliment the ARRC in November. We have to get a year under our belt, review how things went and go from there.

Todd

Also understand that SN is a NASA class, and not even a SCCA regional class.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

While I love the idea of running Spec Neon as an individual class it is something that we cannot incorporate into this years event.[/b]
    Well, it doesn't hurt to ask. I don't recall which regions did it, but at any Mid-O regional that I have been to in the last couple of years, they have recognized SN as a seperate class as long as there were a few cars.

BTW, I believe that SN originated at Waterford Hills and was later adopted by NASA. And until this year, all the SNs in CENDIV were from Waterford. Just a little plug for my home track. It's little known, but has trained many top IT (and other) drivers: Mosers, Beyersdorf, Huffmasters, Botha, Nine, Ching, etc.

Ed.
    Edwin Ho
    #65 SM
    www.ehmotorsports.org

Also understand that SN is a NASA class, and not even a SCCA regional class.
    [/b]
    i am pretty sure NYSRRC allows spec neon
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Ed,

Thanks for the positive spirit! I'm sure if we are successful in 2007 we will look to expand days , classes and race groups in 2008!

Todd

It comes down to the rules I must follow...[/b]
    Rules?

Since this event cannot be part of the Area 4/Great Lakes Division Regional Championship Series (because not all series classes are eligible for this event), you are not bound by the rules of that series. For that matter, we don't even know their rules at this point and probably won't until the March meeting in Toledo. For all we know, they may decide to include SN this year.

Since this event is going to be a Restricted Regional, you can include non-GCR classes as long as you publish the preparation rules for those classes in the Supps or the Supps refer to a readily-accessible body of rules.

Todd, I'm not trying to be argumentative. I just don't understand what rules you think are keeping you from including SN. I understand the region's desire to emulate the ARRC, but you are operating in a different part of the country than Atlanta Region. SN seems to be growing in popularity around here and I think we, the racing community in Great Lakes Division, may want to think twice about ignoring the class as such actions tend to drive potential competitors to other sanctioning bodies. Maybe SN is not big enough to bother with. If so, that's fine. But don't write them off because of "rules".

Who is going to be Chief Steward for this event? Is that person on-board with what the region is planning? Because this event is outside the norm, I think it would be a good idea to get an experienced steward involved now to provide some guidance to the region. It might help avoid complications down the road. The ARRC has benefited from the steady hand of Sue Roethel as Chief Steward through the years and I think that guidance has paid off.

Bob...

Sorry, "rule" may be too harsh a word. The advice that has been given to me by the race committee and our Tech inspectors is that this year we go with classes that are recognized by SCCA either on a National or Regional level. The main reason:

Pre and Post Tech.

The Cincinnati Region is blessed to have Three highly experienced Tech inspectors. One of the things we are striving for is inspections that have a purpose. The inspectors feel to do this the first year we must stick to what we know. After that we can review and expand.

Todd

*Note: The Chief Inspector for Cincinnati Region asked me to invite anyone with Tech Experience that is interested in coming to Mid-Ohio Aug 10th-12th . Just let me know I'll pass the info along.

Sorry, "rule" may be too harsh a word. The advice that has been given to me by the race committee and our Tech inspectors is that this year we go with classes that are recognized by SCCA either on a National or Regional level. The main reason:

Pre and Post Tech.

The Cincinnati Region is blessed to have Three highly experienced Tech inspectors. One of the things we are striving for is inspections that have a purpose. The inspectors feel to do this the first year we must stick to what we know. After that we can review and expand.

Todd

*Note: The Chief Inspector for Cincinnati Region asked me to invite anyone with Tech Experience that is interested in coming to Mid-Ohio Aug 10th-12th . Just let me know I'll pass the info along.

[/b]
    That sounds reasonable. I am imprssed with the seriousness that you appear to be bringing to the table with reference to tech.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

*Note: The Chief Inspector for Cincinnati Region asked me to invite anyone with Tech Experience that is interested in coming to Mid-Ohio Aug 10th-12th . Just let me know I'll pass the info along.[/b]
    Todd, I'm a Divisional scrutineer, and I'd be glad to help as needed. I would, of course, have to recuse myself for ITA... - GA

[/b]

Sure, put us in ITB and watch us clean everyones clock! I have an ITB Mustang and it is atleast 2 seconds a lap slower than My Neon at every track I have had them both at.

I plan on showing up for this race, I'll make it my once a year trip to Mid-O to get my but kicked by; Moser, Moser, Botha, Ruck, ect. If I can get someone to help me tow an extra car down I may even bring both cars?

Kevin, That Avitar Rocks!
    Chris "The Cat Killer" Childs
    Angry Sheep Motorsports
    810 417 7777
    angrysheepmotorsports.com

IT,SM,SS,Touring, and Super Touring

[/b]
    Ehh, I wish I would've climbed up on top of the car. :P
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Sure, put us in ITB and watch us clean everyones clock! I have an ITB Mustang and it is atleast 2 seconds a lap slower than My Neon at every track I have had them both at.

[/b]
    2 seconds faster? Cool, then maybe you can keep up with me and Doug!

I second the motion on the avatar!
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com