Thread: IT Festival at MO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

If it's to be a true IT Festival, then that should be the only things running during the weekend. That would eliminate thunder wagons, fast plastic, winged things, or pickups. Does the region think they can afford to limit themselves to five classes of racing for two days and make money? It would be tough, but it sure would be nice. The weekend could have qualifying, heat races, feature races, short enduros, etc., but no standing starts.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Does the region think they can afford to limit themselves to five classes of racing for two days and make money?[/b]
    Add in a PDX group, if necessary, to fill up the paddock and I'd pay extra money for the entry. In a heartbeat...

If it's to be a true IT Festival, then that should be the only things running during the weekend. That would eliminate thunder wagons, fast plastic, winged things, or pickups. Does the region think they can afford to limit themselves to five classes of racing for two days and make money? It would be tough, but it sure would be nice. The weekend could have qualifying, heat races, feature races, short enduros, etc., but no standing starts.
    [/b]
    Also to consider That weekend a regional at Beaver run, Summit Point, and Bud at the Glen(or whatever the current sponsor is) dilution of worker pool and of entrants running a particular series?
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Also to consider That weekend a regional at Beaver run, Summit Point, and Bud at the Glen(or whatever the current sponsor is) dilution of worker pool and of entrants running a particular series?
    [/b]
    Just looked at NNJR and they have a Regional At Limerock August 10-11.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Also to consider That weekend a regional at Beaver run, Summit Point, and Bud at the Glen(or whatever the current sponsor is) dilution of worker pool and of entrants running a particular series? [/b]
    Again, once the word gets back to these regions holding the other events. They might want to switch their dates around. This could shape up into one kick ass weekend. Hell I'm looking forward to the ITA race already myself I wished I had a ITA car, I love to be in that race too!

Again, once the word gets back to these regions holding the other events. They might want to switch their dates around. This could shape up into one kick ass weekend. Hell I'm looking forward to the ITA race already myself I wished I had a ITA car, I love to be in that race too!
    [/b]

IT's not quite that easy dj. Most tracks are booked up for the season, on the weekends. A Region doesn't have the luxury of just picking a new date for a race weekend. And not for nothing, but asking 3 or 4 Regions to move/cancel one of their race weekends for another Region's event is asking a bit much. Especially when those races are part of series like MARRS and NARRC.

IT's not quite that easy dj. Most tracks are booked up for the season, on the weekends. A Region doesn't have the luxury of just picking a new date for a race weekend. And not for nothing, but asking 3 or 4 Regions to move/cancel one of their race weekends for another Region's event is asking a bit much. Especially when those races are part of series like MARRS and NARRC. [/b]

I'm sure it won't be but there is 9 months to plan this out.

[quote]
    Again, once the word gets back to these regions holding the other events. They might want to switch their dates around. Glen region has already recieved dates and contracts for 2007 Dates. Not much flexibility because of the track being used by other groups etc. We are back to October for the drivers school, regional and enduro. TW