Typically it is your fast lap from Saturday afternoons race. Sunday mornings race serves as a qualifier for Sunday afternoon. Each race (individual) has to have a qualifier per the Sanction rules. If this is operating under two sanctions for the two races that is.
[/b]
Just as another point of information. At Waterford Hills, we run four sessions per group per weekend. On Sat, there is a qualifying session and a race. Race finishing position sets the grid for Sun morning race. Fastest lap from Sat & Sun races sets the grid for the Feature. Oh yeah, also throw in two extra groups on Sat for open- and closed-wheel co-driver races (share a car or swap a car). All that, and we can only run from 10am - 6pm. Talk about a busy schedule.

I will likely be running the National at Grattan, but if I were going to participate, I would prefer to have multiple chances to qualify for the "main" race on Sun. Fast lap from Sat OR Sun race? I'd hate to be taken out or break on the first lap (no, that never happens :P ) of the Sun morning race and then have to start at the back for the finale.

Ed.