Thread: Now that we have PDEs, why not take advantage of this tool?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do other tracks offer their own PDE programs the way Summit Point has their Friday At The Track (FATT) program? Many of the instructors are SCCA racers as well. There is a large contingant of SRX7 drivers who instruct and actively recruit new blood for the class. I am wondering if the SCCA can compete with BSR given the same program but extra overhead. In DC regions case, I think we'd be better served with a multi level PDX over on the Shenandoah, combining a "school" day and a TT day held on a non-MARRS weekend. That might attract the Pennsylvania Hillclimb Association (PHA) drivers as well as the MARRS racers.

Am I wrong in thinking that in the East, NASA used that format (school and TT) before the racing program started?

ps. My understanding is that MARRS has unoffically gone "restricted regional" by eliminating FA/FC and distributing the rest of wings and things into FV/F500 anf SRF. Down to 8 run groups. What will we do with all the extra time. :P

ps. My understanding is that MARRS has unoffically gone "restricted regional" by eliminating FA/FC and distributing the rest of wings and things into FV/F500 anf SRF. Down to 8 run groups. What will we do with all the extra time. :P
    [/b]
    Close, but no we are still 9 run groups so no extra time. However the BoD asked the comp comitee to readdress the issue so nothing is solid.

Current tentative run groups for MARRS:

1) Spec Miata
    2) SS Miata
    3) ITB/ITC
    4) ITS/ITA/ITR (I'm gonna get creamed....)
    5) SRX7/IT7/SSB/SSC
    6) Small Bore/T4 (new class)
    7) Big Bore/T1/T2/P1/P2 (the last two are the two new classes for World Challenge cars)
    8) SRF/CSR/DSR
    9) FV/FF/CF/F500 (all open wheel)

I also think that yes WDC can work around FATT and suceed. As we do events we expand them to include Track Trials (level 2 or whatever thats under the current full caged stuff.) Recently a west coast company did exact that format. Instruction on Saturday, time trials on Sunday and they had a decent crowd out there. So I think its plausable that PDX and above can bring something in. But again, just like club racing its exposure, without it nothing will happen.

I am actually working on a letter to my drivers rep and the BoD about the possiblity of asking the WDC graphics people to come up with a PDF to advertise the MARRS dates as well as the PDX dates. Then just ask the local vendors, drivers, mechics and sponsors to post them up in waiting Areas to get the word out for the 2007 season.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires