Just wondering if this bothers anyone but me...

I just finished reading over the newly published insurance rates along with the SCCA operating statement of departmental income and expenses. THe bottom line is this. Solo doesn't seem to be paying their fair share of the liability insurance.

Road racers are paying $31 per car plus a liability payment of $10-15 per car on top of that. Solo pays $4.50 per car and liability and all other insurance is included. How can that be? The expensive part of the insurance is the liability not a particpant event on track. You know, the doffus who trips on the trailer wire? How can 83,000 entries in spectator solo events pay only $377,000 for the year while Club Racing pays $1.37 million? With rising entry costs and decreasing participation due to the expense it seems that paying for Solo's liability insurance is a little out of line. Realistically I've been told that the minimum for Solo's liability would be roughly $10 per event. With 83,000 entries last year that would make them responsible for close to $1.2 million of the bill.

On a side note, check the operating statement out for payments to "Directors, Officers and Committees" as well as "Race Meetings". $1.2 million! THat's a lot of catering! Must have ordered one of them big sandwiches... :P