Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for input & opinions on some tracks

Nelson Ledges--Fastest 2.0 Mile track East of the Mississippi. Facilities are just fine. [/b]

Correction, fastest 2 mle track in North America.

Guys, weather at VIR in March is fantastic. Remember, Summitt is quite a bit farther north and closer to the mountains. It can be a bit chilly, but by that I mean highs in the 50s.

Love to see all you guys down in March. That weekend is a fun weekend.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Guys, weather at VIR in March is fantastic. Remember, Summitt is quite a bit farther north and closer to the mountains. It can be a bit chilly, but by that I mean highs in the 50s.

Love to see all you guys down in March. That weekend is a fun weekend. [/b]

Sounds like a great date to start ITR on.

Dave-

I havn't been to VIR, but I have been to all the others.

I think that I like Mid-Ohio the best for all around place to go... The track is fun, safe, long, and great amenitites. Also I think that the events are run very well from workers to stewards. As compaired to other regions/events the workers at Mid-Ohio at events that I have been to do a better job dealing with passes under yellow, metal to metal contact, etc. I think the only negative I felt after visiting was that I had a hard time driving side by side with fellow competitors on the track... The line at Mid-Ohio uses the entire track, making it harder to run side by side and maintain good lap times. Personaly I would rather run side by side with someone the entire lap than give up the spot in oder to stay up with the leader of a pack we may be in.

Beaver Run is all brand new but it left somethng less desireable to me when I visited as a worker/SIT and crew for my dad in his AS car... It was a National event that I went to wich has a bit of a different atmosphere but still something was different. Maybe it was the fact that you could see most of the track from one place and it took away from the "camping" or old school track feeling I get when I go to Watkins Glen, Summit Point, Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, etc. As a track to drive it looks like a blast with fast let'er rip sections and some slow technical turns and braking zones.

Nelson Ledges.. An old school race track well worth the visit. Much like the old Bryar or Bridghampton atmosphere, something I greatly miss from "back in the day." Not much elevation changes, but a fun layout none the less. Very fast, but safe despite the less than perfect tire walls and pavement throught the facility. With that said though all in all the track surface is in good enough condition for a race. Personally I would go to this track for an endurance race rather than a sprint race to get the best bang for my buck!!!

See you at the track, hope the holidays are treating you well;

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I have no direct input in the planning, but if you were interested in possibly attending a weekend of racing at a certain track in the MIDdle of OHIO you might want to pencil in the date of Aug. 11-12, 2007.....

Steve (Professional Rumor-Monger and ITA Backmarker) Linn
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Steve..........while you're at it, make a pencil mark on the 10th too.........just in case.......

As far as Mid Ohio not being as smooth as VIR........were you speaking of the pavement BEFORE Mid Ohio was repaved?

.......and the gang in this river town goes back to work..........
    Dave Burchfield
    GLDiv ITS #74
    Mazda RX-7(the one Kirk parked on the tire wall at Seattle)
    (or so I am told)

Mid-Ohio in August. Trust me.
    [/b]
    Andy,

Why the August event? Is there something special that weekend? I usually go to the 4th of July or the Brat Bash in late July, but I can be convinced to go in August if it's a good double and a strong NER turnout. My wife's family lives nearby, so the rule in my house is I'll go visit the in-laws as long as there's a race at Mid Ohio. I'll bring Carle's Bratwurst from Bucyrus.
    Ed Tisdale
    #22 ITR '95 325is (For Sale, $15,000 with spares)
    #22 ITS '95 325is (Converted to ITR)
    #22 ITS '87 325is (Sold)
    #5 ITB '84 318i (RIP)
    Racing BMW's since 1984

Nothing yet but there is a group bouncing around the idea of an 'IT Festival' to compliment the ARRC's unofficial National Championship. This could be a top-notch Championship event with a unique format and flavor - all with the focus on Improved Touring. Details and timing are getting 'tested' by the capable folks out there to see if it's possible.

WHO WANTS IN?
    [/b]
    Well possibly
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Andy,

Why the August event? Is there something special that weekend? I usually go to the 4th of July or the Brat Bash in late July, but I can be convinced to go in August if it's a good double and a strong NER turnout. My wife's family lives nearby, so the rule in my house is I'll go visit the in-laws as long as there's a race at Mid Ohio. I'll bring Carle's Bratwurst from Bucyrus. [/b]
    Read post #6

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Nothing yet but there is a group bouncing around the idea of an 'IT Festival' to compliment the ARRC's unofficial National Championship. This could be a top-notch Championship event with a unique format and flavor - all with the focus on Improved Touring. Details and timing are getting 'tested' by the capable folks out there to see if it's possible.

WHO WANTS IN?
    [/b]

Andy, is there a rough date in August yet? Please tell me it is the 4-5 weekend...

Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT

That is the weekend I hope for too as the NeDiv is off that weekend but it's up to the local team and M-O free dates.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

VIR is a wonderful track, as anyone who has raced there will tell you. Weather in March can be very nice or cold and wet. Just depends. I have had both.

But let me put my plug in for Nelson. I love racing there. Facilities and track surface are improving. Layout of course is terrific. Not as technical as Summit (my home track) but very fast and you make the speed mostly in fast sweepers. Can you say four wheel drift? Management and racers are super friendly. Fields tend not to be crowded. Don't miss it. Bill