So, Travis, when it comes down to it, your complaint about the Bonus Race at St. Louis and the Memorial weekend race at Memphis is not about scheduling but w/ the fact that you just don't like those tracks. Know what? Not a damn thing you or we can do about that. [/b]
um, well, we could not have the bonus race at St Louis, that's what we can do about it. Honestly, do you think entries will be higher or lower at St. Louis for the bonus race regional and non-points regional weekend then at the school/enduro/bonus race at MAM?

Using your logic I guess we would never have a race at either! That one track may be a HP one and another a handling one is one of the reasons the Bonus Race alternates. Another is to spread it around geographically. It evens out over the years. You think I was happy about the Bonus Race at MAM these last 2 years?
[/b]
no, we need to have races at st louis. lots of members are there and i've seen some decent turnouts, though i'm not sure if or how profitable they are. memphis, as i said above, i think needs to rehome to CenDiv. the ideal location for a "championship race" is one that doesn't favor any particular vehicle. kinda like how the bowl games, super bowl, NCAA tournament, etc, are all played at neutral sites. I think MAM is the most neutral site we have, and is relatively central to everyone.

So what are you saying about Memorial weekend - that the event would get a better turnout on some other weekend? That weekend this year you had your choice of Memphis, New Hampshire, Kershaw (SC), Grattan, or Texas World. I don't think we lose many entries to those tracks.
[/b]
you right, we hardly lose any entries that weekend having that race at Memphis. there's no reason to tow a long distance to race there. however, hold the first national of the year at HPT, and now you've got people towing in from long distances, higher attendence at the test day, etc. bottom line, the division is maximizing their $ potential. we won't have the runoffs forever, we should milk it as best we can for the next 5yrs.