Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: 944 weight reduction, any results

Gross. I don't go for older guys.

You going to Rockingham?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Old huh? I suppose you will tell me I'm fat too. Mother warned me about you.

Nope, I am too buried in the house renovation right now. I am not sure when I will be getting out there. I guess first I have to clear my trailer of all the furniture that I am storing in it now. ugggh. It's like moving in all over again.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

No CMP in March?? And I know how you LOVE that track.

Glad the restoratin is moving along though. You'll be pleased when the house is squared away.

See at the track sometime this year, I hope. We'll all go out and get some beers.

P.S. -- Ron has taken your advice and is actively looking for a Porsche. Good move on his part. Me, I've got too much time and money in the 8. Will drive it till it kills me, which it may do.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Hi guys I'm new here and I'm enjoying the topic of weight and class. I have been racing a 944 for over ten years and 15k in development. I can tell you that I have the weight at 2405lbs ( full roll cage and fuel cell, and still has the stock windshield, side and rear glass) with out me in the car. Now I run with HSR, CHRA, and PCA... I haven't run with SCCA in forever because of the lack of competitveness in sprint races with the 944. When we run the enduros (3 24 hours of Morosso ) we do great.
    This year at Daytona I was able to get my times down two a 2:22 flat... that is great for a 944, however the winning RX7 in ITS ran a 2:08, Hell there was a 944 S2 there and it only ran a 2:10 with a Pro driver. Do I believe that the Porsche is a great handling car, absolutly, can it be competitive in ITS at 2575, not no heck no.... ITA would be great but take a turtle and make it carry another and it takes the fun out of it... adding weight and slowing cars down ruins the fun. I would love to come back to the ITS class but a 25 year old car well developed has no business running with all of the newer cars... Try the vintage racing. I'm tring to get HSR to allow a Firehawk class to earn points in sprint races and enduros for the Rolex Watch at the end of the year... The more we get the more they listen...
    Paul Goyette
    Brumos Porsche
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    lildebbieracing.com
    Paul Goyette
    Brumos Porsche
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    lildebbieracing.com

Hi guys I'm new here and I'm enjoying the topic of weight and class. I have been racing a 944 for over ten years and 15k in development. I can tell you that I have the weight at 2405lbs ( full roll cage and fuel cell, and still has the stock windshield, side and rear glass) with out me in the car. Now I run with HSR, CHRA, and PCA... I haven't run with SCCA in forever because of the lack of competitveness in sprint races with the 944. When we run the enduros (3 24 hours of Morosso ) we do great.
    This year at Daytona I was able to get my times down two a 2:22 flat... that is great for a 944, however the winning RX7 in ITS ran a 2:08, Hell there was a 944 S2 there and it only ran a 2:10 with a Pro driver. Do I believe that the Porsche is a great handling car, absolutly, can it be competitive in ITS at 2575, not no heck no.... ITA would be great but take a turtle and make it carry another and it takes the fun out of it... adding weight and slowing cars down ruins the fun. I would love to come back to the ITS class but a 25 year old car well developed has no business running with all of the newer cars... Try the vintage racing. I'm tring to get HSR to allow a Firehawk class to earn points in sprint races and enduros for the Rolex Watch at the end of the year... The more we get the more they listen...
    Paul Goyette
    Brumos Porsche
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    lildebbieracing.com
    [/b]
    Paul, not to quibble but before you say it can ot be competitive you should call Greg Fordahl in Seattle, Greg has gone through his car since the rule change and developed a Z killer. Greg won Rose cup this weekend and was under the track record. The car is more competitive than it has ever been with the weight change and the BMW being fairly classed. You really should come back and give it a shot cause the car is really in the best spot it has been ever.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Where can I get some results from this race.. I would love to see them.
    Paul Goyette
    Brumos Porsche
    Jacksonville Fl.
    lildebbieracing.com
    Paul Goyette
    Brumos Porsche
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    lildebbieracing.com

It's on MYlaps.com

Here's the results I found.

3 car ITS class. (thats sad)

128GREG FORDAHL1830:44.552
    1:30.866478.009-21RON TANNER 1830:54.89910.3471:30.545678.286 -372JON WILSON 1831:19.32234.7701:32.535576.602
    I thought records needed to be set in the race.. These are the race results, so, if thqts true, he didn't set a record, as his fast lap was 3/10ths slower than the guy in second.

Too bad they don't list car models.

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

It's on MYlaps.com

Here's the results I found.

3 car ITS class. (thats sad)

128GREG FORDAHL1830:44.552
    1:30.866478.009-21RON TANNER 1830:54.89910.3471:30.545678.286 -372JON WILSON 1831:19.32234.7701:32.535576.602
    I thought records needed to be set in the race.. These are the race results, so, if thqts true, he didn't set a record, as his fast lap was 3/10ths slower than the guy in second.

Too bad they don't list car models.
    [/b]
    Sad? FU Jake you have no right to belittle the efforts of the guys that were there. Fact is unfortunately most of the IT stuff gets raced in ICSCC these days and I am not going into the reasons why.

Fordahl 944
    Tanner 240z Engines built by me and you all have seen the dyno numbers in the past
    Wilson 240z Engines built by me and car was prepped by me.

Both of these Z's have held track records on both of our largest tracks out here. The wilson car was blocked at the tart by a 3500lb mustang and never could get around it. The run group this race was held in has 22 stupid classes thats what is sad. back to the point being made here. I spent some time talking to Greg this weekend and he has done an outstanding job redoing this car. The car is 2 seconds faster than it has ever been on this course. So what is sad Jake is that you open your mouth about something you have no understanding of.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z

1:30 on a 1.1 mile track? is that correct? I don't get it... is it real tight.. you can't tell from the pictures..
    Paul Goyette
    Brumos Porsche
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    lildebbieracing.com

1:30 on a 1.1 mile track? is that correct? I don't get it... is it real tight.. you can't tell from the pictures..
    [/b]
    Where did you get 1.1? It's 1.969.

It's not real tight.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Where did you get 1.1? It's 1.969.

It's not real tight.
    [/b]

Paul, PIR with the chicane is actually a well balanced track fro handling and HP....It is flat but it has some decent highspeed scare yourself stuff and 2 long enough straights that the HP makes up for handling on those cars. The 944 clearly handles well and this one clearly made some decent HP. Comparison times are ITC 1.37< ITA 133 SM 132 T2 125&#39;s T3 130&#39;s I know the 944 practiced in the 29&#39;s off the clock but there was a watch on him. The point is call him, you know who he is and Greg can drive, prep, and engineer a nice car. I believe he would share the same respect for the people he is racing against and the prep level of those cars. ITS is coming back alive out here since we no longer have the E36 as the class killer and an ICSCC weekend will see a good mix of 8 to 10 cars BMW,Nissan, Datsun, Mazda and porsches. I believe we will attract them back to SCCA with the current rules set if we give it a little time.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z

Sad? FU Jake you have no right to belittle the efforts of the guys that were there. Fact is unfortunately most of the IT stuff gets raced in ICSCC these days and I am not going into the reasons why.

Fordahl 944
    Tanner 240z Engines built by me and you all have seen the dyno numbers in the past
    Wilson 240z Engines built by me and car was prepped by me.

. So what is sad Jake is that you open your mouth about something you have no understanding of.
    [/b]
    Please Joe, lay off. I merely said it was sad that there were only 3 ITS cars. I didn&#39;t belittle the cars that were there, and I am well aware of Mr Fordahls prodigious talents.

If you think I&#39;m being inappropriate, please ask for clarification rather than giving me the instant FU. Thats just rude.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Thats just rude.
    [/b]
    Rude?? Joe?? You gotta be kidding me........

Keep holding your breath Joe for those magical, mythical competitive 944 ( non S ) cars in ITS, Fordahl included! Lets see him win the ARRC even in ITA...

Not knocking the man or driver, just kicking his horse
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...

Unhappy

Are there any more results or lap times from other races in which a 944 (8v) have run in so far this season ? This type of info. would be helpful to me.

No 944&#39;s up here that I know of. Three nice 944S&#39;s in ITS and one being built (when is that coming Blethen?) while a couple guys thought about 944S2&#39;s for ITR. The main deterent seems to be the expense of the engine build and the price for stock replacement parts.

One of the better looking IT cars IMHO.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

There were a couple (8vs) at CMP and Roebling earlier this year -- Jerry Campbell and Scott AGnew were the drivers I think. You can find the results on mylaps.

Anthony Stauffer has an 8v I believe. He runs in the SEDiv but has had some issues this year.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Rude?? Joe?? You gotta be kidding me........

Keep holding your breath Joe for those magical, mythical competitive 944 ( non S ) cars in ITS, Fordahl included! Lets see him win the ARRC even in ITA...
    Not knocking the man or driver, just kicking his horse
    [/b]
    There you go Fred you could have just kept your ignorant mouth shut and let it slide but you had to take a shot. Fordahl is driving an 8 valve car and has done a proper job of prepping it and you still have to knock it down. That more than proves you are the looser you make yourself out to be and I am sure given everything you ever wanted you would still be a looser. Learn to drive and prep a car and cme back to the big boys table otherwise shut the f up. I offered up a decent data point an d nothing more. Jake makes it out to have no value since there were only 3 cars there.....I have no doubt that you and Jake will climb into bed and continue to try to hand the car an ITA vicory at the ARRC.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z

Jake makes it out to have no value since there were only 3 cars there......
    [/b]
    Just to be clear, my comment stated that the number of ITS cars running (3) was sad. It&#39;s a popular class, and I wish it were better subscribed. I would have said the same thing if we were talking about ITA cars.

I wasn&#39;t knocking the data point.

I would love to see Greg run in Atlanta, but I realize it&#39;s a long tow and he seems to stick closer to home, judging by his my laps race history. I think he&#39;d be fun to watch.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

No 944&#39;s up here that I know of. Three nice 944S&#39;s in ITS and one being built (when is that coming Blethen?)

The main deterent seems to be the expense of the engine build and the price for stock replacement parts.

One of the better looking IT cars IMHO.
    [/b]
    Andy-

Dads building away... The cage is installed (Chris Howard cage... looks friggen awsome!!!) and the other stuff is in the works. Need to sell the AS car to afford those extra expenses . 1st race is planned to be the IT Spectacular in Ohio!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

We will have our 944 at Road Atlanta in July. We&#39;ve never been there before. We will have good tires for this race, so our lap times should be representative of a pretty well prepped car.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54