Thread: 944 weight reduction, any results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's a good thought but the only way to limit power is an SIR, and we've been down that road before..what a mess.

I'm still not sure I see this car as an A car but if it goes to A it has to go at a weight based on its power potential, not what is easy to get.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

...but if it goes to A it has to go at a weight based on its power potential, not what is easy to get.
    [/b]
    I agree. There in lies the problem however for anybody looking to build 944 for IT racing. No matter the class or weight it needs a "155 whp" motor to be competitive. That costs big money and most would rather race their 944 somewhere else or build another car that is easier to achieve IT target hp.

My 944 could meet the min weight for ITS and if went through the rules line, by line I could probably ensure I comply with not that much work and little loss of speed. However I can't justify the expense of max IT motor. Failing to get one relegates me to back marker so it is more fun to race in group were all the cars have similar motors and hp levels to mine. If I really want to race ITS (or ITA) I'd be looking at at different car.
    Joe P.
    Porsche 944 Racer

I'm still not sure I see this car as an A car but if it goes to A it has to go at a weight based on its power potential, not what is easy to get.
    [/b]
    Just remember Jeff, this motor does not fit the typical IT process. Much as the talk has been on the 3 rotor in ITR the 944 8v just does not give very much back using legal mods...

944 in ITA for 2007!
    Fred Alphin
    "Big leisure money seeker"
    #92 Hankook Tire soon to be ITB? ITA?
    Damn economy...

Much as the talk has been on the 3 rotor in ITR t
    [/b]
    Where is there a three rotor in ITR? Did I miss something?