One thing I will note: I was paddocked right next to Chris at the ARRCs, and his prep level is what can be expected out of someone who has turned over every rock in their search for performance. If he says he has the car as light as can be, I would think he's pretty close.
[/b]
Why, thanks for the compliment, Jake...

And I also know that as far as I have been able to determine, that a spare no expenses legal build comes in at about 185 -189 crank from that motor. Thats a net of about 155 - 158 at the wheels, and thats being aggressive with the reduction factor. (transaxle).

The nearest car, the 240SX has what, about 150 at the wheels in ITA? But it's inferior in suspension ...not entirely apples to apples.

So if it were to move into A, it should weigh a bit more than that.....like 2775 or so.
[/b]
I'm thinking that might be a good weight in A for the 944 NA 8V - I'm sharpening my pencil...

I DO think that the earlier (pre-85.5) 944 chassis are lighter - you may even be able to make the ITS weight with one of those chassis, particularly with a light cage. The problem is that those chassis have far inferior suspension to the later models (steel control arms, both front and rear), so what you gained on the weight, you'd give up on the handling. I don't think (although it would be legal) that you can update the old chassis to the new suspension - too much stuff changed about the chassis.