From back at post #32:

= = = = = = =

Eight ARRC Championship races starting at 8:15 Saturday. Not necessarily in this order, but current thinking on the groupings is:

ASM, SSM
ITB, ITC
ITA, IT7
ITR, ITS
ASR, CF, CFC, CS2, FS, FSC*, F1000*
ITO, TCC, ST*
SPO, GTA, LMSC, BP*
SPU, ITT, SRX, GTP, ITU, DP*

* - new National classes that will not be invited to the 2007 Runoffs

Obviously the groupings could change based on pre-entries, but this is what we're thinking right now.

= = = = = = =

My guess is that ITR on average will only be a couple of seconds faster than ITS, but the more important thing is they weigh about the same. Yes we'll still have speed-challenged ITR cars that can screw up the ITS race, but I predict it will have less impact (pun intended) than the TTC/ITS match-up did in 2006. As Steve has suggested, putting the ITR cars in with the Big Iron introduces a massive speed differential.

We can always adjust when we see the how the ITR cars actually run, but I'm thinking they'll be slower than the WC GT cars that we're currently running in ITO (or maybe BP?). The WC Touring cars are in ITU, which runs with the Little Stuff.

BTW - I haven't posted it since Andy first asked how we'd feel about an IT Festival at Mid-Ohio in August, but I'll repeat we'd work with the organizers to promote that event as the second jewel in the "IT Triple Crown" - Divisional Champion, Festival Champion, ARRC Champion.

Butch Kummer
2007 ARRC Committee Chairman