Is there anyway we can get more registration stuff accomplished online so when drivers arrive all they have to do is sign a waiver and pick up their packets? Just a thought to keep the registration lines moving.
[/b]
The Registration process is constantly being reviewed/revised and the DLB system we went to this year has generally met with great reviews. We did have start-up issues with the Express window Thursday night because many of the people in the building were unfamiliar with our new folderless registration system, but things seemed to go fairly smoothly there after the first hour (and Registration opened an hour earlier than scheduled as well). I'm also not sure why we can only have one window for changes and payment, so we'll work on that for future events (not just the ARRC). It sure seems like crew and drivers could use the same Express Window and create another one for changes and payment, but there are probably legal ramifications that I'm not even aware of.

True story: About ten years ago I was involved in a "come to Jesus" meeting with a group of experienced (and opinionated) registrars as we tried to streamline the process. We couldn't even get those in the room to agree how the process worked NOW, much less what we could do to improve it. The only thing accomplished that night was we decided we needed a special folding table for the bins for the folders, then it took almost two hours to determine the dimensions of the table! Oh the joys of being in a leadership position...

BK