Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll Cage Builder

I'm in search for a roll cage builder to update my mine in order to comply with the 07 two side bar rule. Any suggestions for anyone in the LRP vicinity?
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Kessler engineering, Wallingford CT. Contact Greg Amy.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Matts a good choice. So is John Weisberg, and he's closer to NYC, which I see on your avatar. Maybe the cars in Lime Rock though, LOL. Also, and i'm drawing a blank on his name, theres a guy who races a 914 in Prod....Chris...????. Someone might know the rest...! (Or it will come to me at 3 AM!)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Also, and i'm drawing a blank on his name, theres a guy who races a 914 in Prod....Chris...????. Someone might know the rest...! (Or it will come to me at 3 AM!)
    [/b]

Chris Foley, Tangarine Racing, Manchester, CT

And Matt is a good choice.......specially since he built an ARRC winning car!!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Thank you for the responses. Can you give me a bit more info to track down the people like business names, emails, maybe phone numbers?
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T

Rick Leavitt in Canton Ct, Northern Fabrications.
    He's doing wonderful things with cages. We had one of our cars done last winter. He's doing this as his business, so he's up on what's legal. I was very impressed with the workmanship and finish on his stuff. And he didn't leave us with a depleted budget either!
    He should be in the phone book.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Matt Kessler - (203) 444-1467
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Bob Smart of Smarty&#39;s Auto, a.k.a. The Hoosier Guy, has an ITE 944 on the lift right now.
    He&#39;s building it for a racer in Florida. Give him a call.

He&#39;s in Round Top, NY (1hr due west of LRP).
    518-622-0329 ext.11 for the shop
    Start leaving a message, and if he&#39;s in the shop, he&#39;ll pick up.

He just did my cage, with nascar bars, in my &#39;85 BMW 318i. He is a top-quality welder (anyone whose had work done at the track by him can attest).
    Team Jagermeister
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10 - ITB NESCCA Enduro Champions

Great information! Thank you all for the input. I plan to start calling some of these people shortly.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T

Bob Smart of Smarty&#39;s Auto, a.k.a. The Hoosier Guy, is a top-quality welder (anyone whose had work done at the track by him can attest).
    [/b]
    Unfortunatly I can attest, he does a GREAT job welding. All the stuf we have done was a "temp fix" that has become perminant as we would not be able to find anyone to do it better.

Chris Howard also makes great cages. He has built both of the ones in our Audi&#39;s and another car for us.

Raymond "I can weld " Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Hi Everyone,

I didn&#39;t want to start a new topic because this one is already alive and well...

Does anybody know a good cage builder near Boston? I just took out my bolt-in and I&#39;m looking to upgrade to a custom weld-in over the long winter break.

Also, how much should I expect to pay? There was a guy visiting a local shop just to do cages recently and he was charging $2,500 for a weld-in cage with NASCAR bars. I want to spend a lot less than that (~$1,200-$1,500).

TIA!

Nobu
    ITR next year...

Honestly, Nobu, it&#39;s going to be extremely difficult to find anyone willing to build a good-quality cage for less than $2000. Couple the increasing price of steel, the details of rollcage requirements, and the amount of labor involved, even $2000 is becoming rare...

Greg

TIA, depending on car type and how much prep you do, I can probably help. I am in Holliston and can be reached at 508 429 6717. Thanks
    Chris Howard

I&#39;ll be moving my shop to upstate NY (Rochester) soon but I&#39;d be happy to talk with you about a cage. I still have bis. in southern CT and will be going back and forth a lot. I&#39;m sure we could work something out. 203-556-0427

John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    John Weisberg
    BERG Racing
    Rochester NY
    203-556-0427

http://www.berg-racing.com/

Honestly, Nobu, it&#39;s going to be extremely difficult to find anyone willing to build a good-quality cage for less than $2000. Couple the increasing price of steel, the details of rollcage requirements, and the amount of labor involved, even $2000 is becoming rare...
    Greg
    [/b]
    Greg... sub $2K cages are fairly common here in St. Louis of course I&#39;m still in it for the love of doing it. Might be different if it was putting food on the table rather than tires on the car

EProd does some nice work!
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy&#39;s Custom Cages
    It&#39;s not what you build... It&#39;s how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

I&#39;ll be moving my shop to upstate NY (Rochester) soon but I&#39;d be happy to talk with you about a cage. I still have bis. in southern CT and will be going back and forth a lot. I&#39;m sure we could work something out. 203-556-0427[/b]
    I&#39;ll see you when you get to Rochester!

Thanks guys. I&#39;m looking for a fairly simple cage with dash bar, foot protection and the X-style door bars with gussets. I&#39;m not tying the rear down tubes to my strut towers so fabbing up that area should be easier than it would be otherwise.

The interior is already gutted, seats taken out and the old cage has also been taken out. Will it still cost $2,000+?

Not from me, about 1500. Thats Nascar drivers side and x on passenger side. You did not mention whether or not the dash is in. Thats extra if you want that R&R&#39;d. Thanks
    Chris Howard

Not from me, about 1500. Thats Nascar drivers side and x on passenger side. You did not mention whether or not the dash is in. Thats extra if you want that R&R&#39;d. Thanks
    Chris Howard
    [/b]
    The dash is currently in but can be taken out very easily. In fact, I&#39;m going to take it out before the car goes in for the cage. I also don&#39;t see any added benefit of having NASCAR bars so I prefer the X on the driver side, which should mean a lot less bending and welding in that part of the car.

zchris and eprod, you both have messages... Thanks guys!

TIA, depending on car type and how much prep you do, I can probably help. I am in Holliston and can be reached at 508 429 6717. Thanks
    Chris Howard
    [/b]
    Just voicing my big for Chris&#39; work and service. He&#39;s done cages for several friends and one for me a few years ago. He&#39;ll be getting another one of our cars within the next few weeks.
    Will
    # 72 Miata ITA
    1.6 liters of furious power!