While I have no interest in getting in this fight I must question mattberg here........ The carolinas claim VIR which is actually located ON the Virgina / NC border and is actually a "world class" race track. Rockingham, Lowes, Daytona, Homestead are all the same, rovals, and CMP and Moroso are shitholes ( although CMP could be fixed ). Sebring is a historic track and IMHO is a "world class" track if you have not had substantial dental work or kidney problems. By my count that means the Carolinas and Florida have the same number of "world class" tracks. I consider Road Atlanta a "world class" joint as well, even with the rumble of Cat D9's off in the distance.

Sorry to interrupt
[/b]

VIR? World class. Way to far for some SEDIV folks as it really gets in an in-between area with NEDIV, but definately world class. But, to compare Daytona and Homestead to Lowes is like comparing a Motel 6 to the Four Seasons. Homestead is a pretty cool road track with some pretty major elevation changes and combination of both fast and technical turns and some big speed. Awesome facility as well. Moroso is flat and just plain dirty but fun as hell to drive. Daytona? What can you say? Never gone faster anywhere and... it's friggin' Daytona dude. Goose bumps. Kershaw is a place I will never go back to which is echoed by many drivers I know. Lowes is the same and considered a terrible track that many in SEDIV won't go to. Usually the worst attended races in the division for exactly that reason. Road Atlanta? World class too. Not so happy with some of the changes there since my first visit in 1985 but still one of the top tracks in the US if not in the world. Lousy town though. Homestead, Daytona and Moroso have some bigtime fun only minutes from the track. And let's see what DEI builds. I hear it's going to be awesome.

I fear that a repaving at Atlanta is just something that needed to be done if there weren't condos going in in order to remain world class. I think the growth and expansion in Atlanta is a bad sign for the future there without NASCAR support. We'll see.

I can't believe Andy actually let someone photograph him doing that... What an exhibitionist. I'm never pulling your finger again Andy. :026: