Mark,

I was as surprised (and disappointed) as you were that CFR moved their SARRC sanctions from the Turkey Trot and Daytona to "less desireable" dates and locations. The mangling of the Florida Region schedule probably has to do with available dates at Homestead and Moroso, but I can only suppose that CFR chose to move their sanctions for the reasons I stated above - the Turkey Trot and Daytona "Festival of Speed" (my words, not theirs) are already oversubscribed and people will show up for those regardless of SARRC points. The SARRC rules regarding number of sanctions (4 total with one double per region) have not changed in the past ten years at least. Even though Matt chooses not to, you can believe me when I say there was no vote, secret or otherwise, at a divisional level that forced CFR and FR to move their sanctions.

There ARE SARRC rules (which have also been in place for a long time) that address the length and scheduling of the SARRC race when part of a multi-race weekend. Perhaps these restraints on how CFR conducts their racing weekends (I know CFR and FR are both fond of multi-race weekend - one qualifier and multiple sprint races) are what is prompting this latest evaluation of secession from SEDIV.

At any rate, you need to register your concerns/complaints with the CFR and FR boards, not anyone at a divisional level.

Steve,

Welcome to the dark side. :P I'll buy the first round at Jekyll...

Butch Kummer