Andy,

While your reply is concise, rational, and looks good on paper, there is much more involved in this than you (or I for that matter) know. While I agree that the SARRC is a SEDIV championship, and travel is a part of the equation, the shifting of extremely popular dates is part of a much deeper issue. While I have no bone to pick with Butch, there are underlying reasons why the large Sebring and Daytona events are no longer part of the SARRC series. How would you feel if your Daytona 500 was now moved to a 1/8 mile dirt track 600 miles away. Drastic example, but the "new" SARRC" schedule was supposed to be beneficial to all the SEDIV racers. It seems to be forcing people to go to several less desireable tracks, all because of some personal (or philosophical) disagreements between RE's. This is not the way we need to work out our differences....with the "I'll take my ball and bat and go home" attitude that seems to be pervasive.

Butch, I have no axe to grind here, but you have stated that "I doubt many people in Florida care about SARRC points", and insinuated that Rick B. doesn't return phone calls (which I have had no problems getting responses from him). I ask politely again...What was the thought process behind not having any SARRC races in Florida after 6/3/07? What benefits does this bring to all the SEDIV racers that the old schedule didnt? Matt has brought up some very good points, and as I said, I'll leave the politics to him, but I'm having a hard time seeing what the point to all the schedule changes for 2007. Please enlighten me as to how wrong Matt is...
Have your Marguaritas tonite, and enjoy!
Mark