So what did happen in that meeting? My bet is that they whitewashed the FLorida officials and then carried out their plan once they put those concerned at rest that it wasn't going to happen. I never should have laid off the issue. THe result less than nine months later is the following:

From CFR:

"Considering the unwanted influence from the northern portion of SEDiv, CFR and the Florida Region have agreed to evaluate changing the competition boundaries between areas 3 and 12. This would be similar to the CENDiv split last year. This would have a profound effect on SCCA in the South East. In moving forward on this issue, I have spoken to both of the SCCA Area Directors who were directly involved with this decision. This is one very big step, with lots of consequences, so, please be sure to let me know how you feel about this very important issue. "

I guess I'm still Chicken Little? So for all you members of the "SCCA officials can do no wrong" club and continue to feel that they have racers' best interests in mind, think again and think about what effect the loss of FL and CFR regions will have on the division. And get out that fork and start eating that crow. You'll also notice that there is a nice even distribution of SARRC races over four divisions with no competition from Florida just like Alabama and Buccaneer wanted. Exactly how I laid it out to you. What happened Butch? You told me I was wrong. Doesn't look like it. Looks like you just turned the Daytona double SARRC into a non-event. Love to hear what Butch has to say.

Nice job Barry, you fooled a lot of people but since they proved they weren't so smart I can't give you too much credit. I will give you credit for destroying racing the SEDIV. That will be your legacy. All so you can support your autocrossing region. "Racer's take your mark.... BEND OVER!"

Oh yea. The lying NC RE who aligned with Barry and threw the secret shindig is in for a rude awakeing. Not only will you see less racers without Florida involved you're not going to get a soul to come to that crap National at Kershaw. You screwed your region, but hey... I warned you. Instead you jumped on the bandwagon of a non-racing autocross region from Alabama trying to be racing region using a track in South Carolina and represented by an ambulance chasing lawyer. Nice choice. And good luck getting Florida workers out of state. THat's going to be one helluva' challenge considering how you went about doing it.

On the bright side... the division will be polarized and Florida will be not only pissed but poised to step up. I expect some great racing support in the state of Florida the next few years as they not only support Florida but boycott those who tried to force them to attend their races.

FLORIDA RACERS AND WORKERS: BOYCOTT ALL ALABAMA AND BUCCANEER RACES! Show greedy regional official they can't force us go where they want us to go! GO FLORIDA!