Just to add another perspective. I was involved in the tear down of the winning ASM car. We were in the tech shed along with Greg and the other ITA cars (and several others as the hours wore on). This is the first major post race tech I've been involved in and it was quite eye opening.

Primarily I wanted to reiterate a few things. Tech took a loooooong time. As stated, that is because disassembling a hot engine down to the block takes awhile (especially if you've never done it before ).

The tech inspectors did great job of allowing everyone plenty of time and space to get things done, and then making sure that they were careful and thorough with their checks/tests. For those who have not dealt with the ATL region before, the tech inspectors do make every effort to be helpful and not adverserial.

Finally, everyone in the tech shed, competitior, crew, inspectors and by-standers where calm, polite, and respectful. It was really as enjoyable as a 5 hour knuckbusting, arm burning, stomach churning worry fest could be. Congrats to all involved!!!!

And congrats to all the winners!