Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Data Manager experience?

Anyone using this system? http://racereye.com/index.html TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Anyone using this system? http://racereye.com/index.html TW
    [/b]
    Bump
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Add another vote for DL1 and TrackVision. I bought the DL1 from Al Seim, and can tell you he's been exceptionally patient and helpful. TrackVision rocks, and support is fantastic.

Another unique DL1 analysis aid is the time slip variable (in seconds or %) which helps you quickly hone in on where the time differences really are (it may not be as obvious as you might first think). You can see illustration of these items in the example PDF on my website.

[/b]
    I have being using the Race-Technology stuff for about five years now. I started with the DL-90 before upgrading to the DL-1. I think the single most used feature I go to in the software is the Time Slip variable. With one click it shows the differences and where time was made and lost. Comparing two laps from different sessions or with different drivers is one click away. That feature is really, really, really powerful when you are looking for small differences. IMHO the DL-1 or G2X are the only way to go in the affordable data acq market.

Dave
    #76 ITS GSR

BTW: If anyone is interested in a used DL90 I will be looking to let it go and it still runs the same analysis software as the DL-1.

Add another vote for DL1 and TrackVision. I bought the DL1 from Al Seim, and can tell you he's been exceptionally patient and helpful. TrackVision rocks, and support is fantastic.
    [/b]
    Trackvision?

Trackvision?[/b]
    It's a software package that allows you to integrate data and video for output.

Easy enough to use, and reaosnably priced, but I found that the video and data tend to diverge over time. For example, when combining the data and video from the 2006 ARRC I found that when it's spot-on for the pace lap it's as much as 3/4-1 second off by mid-race. My best guess is it has something to do with possibly dropped frames or something from the video (or whatever; I don't know).

You can see some example of what it can do from FastTechck's web site; look at the two videos with my name on them:

http://fasttechlimited.com/videos.htm

The optimal solution is a device that will integrate both real-time. Working' on that...

Easy enough to use, and reaosnably priced, but I found that the video and data tend to diverge over time.
    [/b]

Has anyone had the same trouble with the video option on the DL1 analysis option? While the trackvision does provide a better viewing experience I have been tempted a few times to upgrade the software to include this for the DL1.

Dave

Anyone using predictive lap timing to improve. The car I have came with a Stack 8100 that I can upgrade to have the PLT for 1400.00. Just debating wether I should sell the 8100 for what I can and reinvest in a DL1 or some other GPS based data logger. A few people I have spoke with regarding the PLT say it gives you instant feedback when trying different lines, etc. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Greg Blastic
    Lookin' for a new one!
    '86 RX7 ITS w/'89 Drivetrain Sold!
    ITS #5 GSLSE(still goin' strong) Sold!
    IT7 Project( now complete!!) Sold!
    Waterford Hills Regular
    Occasional GLD
    Howell, MI

Predictive lap time does help help a lot, especially when learning new lines/track and during qualifying.

The DL1 with a DASH displays both sector times, delta to fast sector, predicted lap time, and delta from fastest theoretical lap time; those values update at each virtual sector marker you have set up. I'm just getting familiar with AiM MXL and it will show you the forecasted lap time or the current split to your fast lap (either, not both); it updates every 0.1 km.

Only you can answer if you want to keep tossing money down the Stack.
    Jeremy Lucas
    Fast Tech Limited

[quote]

Greg, Still trying to make a decision on DA. As part of the logging I want to be able to record/log our EG temps for review. Not sure if any actually record and display on their logging software. I&#39;m not sure how deep into this I want to get since keeping the radio batteries properly charged <_< . Planned to work on car today BUT the 10" of snow seem to have buried the trailer again. . Tom weaver

Tom, Trackvision can be modified to display any values the DL-1 logs.

Yep, we got about 6-8 inches here, too. Nasty, icy stuff overnight.

Enjoyed the vid&#39;s of the glen....

Did I see 1.5 G&#39;s a couple of times...?
    "Entropy sucks"