Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ARRC updates....

unless there is a hidden story that I haven't heard that would explain how two cars could be an entire lap ahead of the rest of the ITS field[/b]
    it looks like they are the only ones that did not get laped by the TCC corvetes
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Check out mplaps.com and you will see that ITS ran with TCC. The fastest TCC car won with a fast lap of 1.32. I would guess that the winner of TCC passed the third place ITS car on the 20th lap then crossed the finished line before passing 1st and 2nd in ITS. This would have allowed the 1st and 2nd place cars to complete their 20th laps while the race would have ended on lap 19 for the 3rd place racer.

Congrats to Greg Amy.

Kudos to Ruck and the Mosers!

Where is Colin Botha?

Where is Colin Botha?

[/b]
    Car got wrecked in Pro IT qualifying. A shame.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Just spoke a very excited Greg Amy in Tech.
    B Moser P-3
    Kevin Ruck P-2
    Greg Amy P-1

Congrats to Greg - The Northeast rules again.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

B Moser P-3
    Kevin Ruck P-2
    [size=7]Greg Amy P-1

Tim,

Isn't it nice to know that 2 of the last three years ARRC winning ITA cars are in our Region? :P

Class: ITS

1 26 Robert Huffmaster 19 32:55.739 1:41.263 13 90.300 -
    2 91 Kip Vansteenburg 19 32:57.546 1.807 1:41.417 13 90.162 -
    3 61 Richard Walke 18 31:43.866 1 Lap 1:43.304 8 88.515 -
    4 86 Kent Thompson 18 31:45.798 1.932 1:43.438 8 88.401 -
    5 55 Bill Sulouff 18 31:46.426 2.560 1:43.692 7 88.184 -
    6 5 Mauricio Montana 18 32:02.168 18.302 1:44.296 11 87.674 -
    7 44 Chris Camadella 18 32:02.883 19.017 1:43.914 16 87.996 -

[/b]
    Something to notice: RX-7, Miata, BMW, 944S and Corrado VR6 in the top 7. Holy crap!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

B Moser P-3
    Kevin Ruck P-2
    [size=7]Greg Amy P-1

Kudos to Greg. But not so fast on the Northeast rules talk. Great Lakes Division took 1st in ITS and 2nd and 3rd in ITA. :P
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Congratulations to Trevor Degioanni and Scott Seck! Both cars running my 1st and 2nd generation accord headers! Very exciting.

Juston Poole
    Original Metal Concepts

WOOOO HOOO!! A big congrats to Greg!! Way to go buddy!!!

Congrats to all the other drivers as well, and yeah, quite a mix in the pointy end of the ITS field.

/edit/ Anybody know what happened to Jeff Lawton??

As noted above the ITS cars were grouped in a split start with the TCC Corvettes, which was an unhappy grouping. The winning Vette lapped most ITS cars, except the leaders, but the leading ITS cars were into Corvette traffic early. Corvette traffic played a role in the finish.

But, some quick points...Amy made the final lap in tech and keeps the trophy.

It's a cool event, and the track is awesome. I'm glad I dragged my underprepared rusty ass down here. Good to be back in the car, and back cruising around RA.

I'm sad that my car, an IT7, is in the ITA group, as the ITA race is a great one to watch, LOL

ITB was pretty close......but where have all the Volvos, 2002s and Golfs gone?? Chris Albin had SO much electrical trouble that he never turned a wheel and missed his first ARRC in, I think, 12 years.

Glad to see the VW in 2nd in the ITC array of Hondas.

And we got the races in before the skys opened. Can't wait to come back!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally when I heard how far many people travel to attend this event I thought they were crazy. Last year I decided to make the trek (~17 hour tow) and understood. Even though I didn't have my car this year, the event was a blast. I even learned why Joe is named "Crazy Joe". LOL

Greg and Matt, congratulations on your ITA win!! That was awesome. You just knew I'd have to throw this video up here.

Greg Wins ITA Video

Jake, congrats on your IT PRO race. Ha, Greg thinks he's cool since he won some silly amateur race.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Originally when I heard how far many people travel to attend this event I thought they were crazy. Last year I decided to make the trek (~17 hour tow) and understood. Even though I didn't have my car this year, the event was a blast. I even learned why Joe is named "Crazy Joe". LOL

Greg and Matt, congratulations on your ITA win!! That was awesome. You just knew I'd have to throw this video up here.

Greg Wins ITA Video
    Jake, congrats on your IT PRO race. Ha, Greg thinks he's cool since he won some silly amateur race.
    [/b]

GREAT video! Classic!!!!

Thanks Dave...yeah, my check for 1st place might actually cover the gas I used in the race... (But I thinkI'll frame that sucker, LOL)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Something to notice: RX-7, Miata, BMW, 944S and Corrado VR6 in the top 7. Holy crap!
    [/b]
    Andy,

I hadn't noticed that... thanks for pointing it out! Too bad the BMW guys couldn't see fit to show up and put their complaints to the test... Perhaps they were afraid that they'd provide some proof that the 27mm restrictor was the right call after all...

Great to see such a good mix of cars... Hopefully that provides incentive for may others out there to give it a go... IT Looks like it's heading strongly into the future!

Great work guys and congrats to those who participated...
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Excellent news..... Greg Amy 1st place ITA at the ARRC 2006!!!...............Yessssssss !!!

Way to go buddy !!! Very happy for you Greg!!!

Kim and Phil
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

This is the first time that Chris has missed the ARRC race. He started racing in 1993 and did the last "thing" in Topeka (blanking on name of event right now), and has not missed an ARRC until this year. He is very frustrated right now; as I understand it, the car is dead in the water at this point and will have to be pushed into the trailer.

It's going to be a long winter.......

Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

As noted above the ITS cars were grouped in a split start with the TCC Corvettes, which was an unhappy grouping. The winning Vette lapped most ITS cars, except the leaders, but the leading ITS cars were into Corvette traffic early. Corvette traffic played a role in the finish.
    But, some quick points...Amy made the final lap in tech and keeps the trophy.

It's a cool event, and the track is awesome. I'm glad I dragged my underprepared rusty ass down here. Good to be back in the car, and back cruising around RA.

I'm sad that my car, an IT7, is in the ITA group, as the ITA race is a great one to watch, LOL

ITB was pretty close......but where have all the Volvos, 2002s and Golfs gone?? Chris Albin had SO much electrical trouble that he never turned a wheel and missed his first ARRC in, I think, 12 years.

Glad to see the VW in 2nd in the ITC array of Hondas.

And we got the races in before the skys opened. Can't wait to come back!
    [/b]
    The ITS cars running with the TCC Vettes was a joke. What were they thinking???? David Spillman was running a solid 3rd and got taken by one of the TCC cars damaging his quick 240Z.

First of all.....a huge congratulations to Greg Amy for his win!!!!!! Great going.
    And to Rob McCabe, Derek Lugar, and Mike Reece who finished 4th, 5th, and 6th in the ITB race.....good job guys. You gave them a run for their money. And Fred White in ITC.....Congratulations!!!!!!!

THE NORTHEAST RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

Great video Dave, thanks for putting it up. I had no idea that 'Captain Panty' was so graceful!!!

Once again Greg, congrats on your win, you worked hard, and it paid off.

Congrats Greg!! Well earned, I'm sure

Sure wish we'd been able to drag our ITB show down there this year! Oh well, maybe one year we'll have funding...

I thought something must've happened with Kellermeyer and some of the ITS guys, looking at the results.

Back to ITA, did Rief tangle up with Joe mid-race? They were both out on the same lap...
    Vaughan Scott
    Detroit Region #280052
    '79 924 #77 ITB
    #65 Hidari Firefly P2
    www.vaughanscott.com

Fantastic updates - way to go to all the competitors - particularly Greg aka Captain Panty! How'd he get stuck with that new moniker? $100 to the person who puts that sticker on his car Crazy Joe - huge move up through the field! Nice job to Rick also. I would never have figured Kip would be on the podium with his ITS Miata (he did run that car, right?)

Now I gotta race these ITA guys next year in the Fiero??? Can't Wait! (but the focus remains SPO) If I go to the ARRC next year I'll run the ASA stock car in GTA which is what it's really classed for.

DAMN I MISS BEING AT THE TRACK!

Andy - you gotta be suffering too
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Lesley ...

Thanks for posting. We were concerned when we didn't find any times, even in qualifying!

Despite the utter frustration at chasing electrical gremlins for days, at least Chris can still push the car in the trailer. We were worried he might have found one of Road Atlanta's concrete walls.

The "thing" you referred to was the ITFest (at Heartland Park). And, yeah, we were there too!

Kelley Huxtable
    DMVR
    "PLAY SAFE"