Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ARRC updates....

Yes, well, I inquired with the IT7 Road Atlanta regulars, guys who can turn 47s all day long in their sleep, and my answer to the question of where that ungodly time of 1:45 came from resulted in two comments:

- The car is driven VERy hard, and uses ALL of the track. Not much left on the table there..
    - And it handles VERY well on the straight.

When I pressed the last comment, I just got shakes and shrugs. And frowns. LOL.

All I know is I wish I could find a way to make MY car run like that down the straight!

(That said, just to put things in reference, my motor is a 1 yr old ISC build, but my carb is bone stock...borrowed just for this event, as my Yaw carb had to go back to Yaw for a looking at as it ceased to run correctly a year ago. Still waiting for him to return it- or a phone call. Thanks to NE racer Grant McStay for the kind loan of his never opened carb. Seemed to run OK, Grant. EGT temps were about 200 to 300 off front to rear though. Maybe theres a bit more power there? )
    [/b]
    At least people give me some credit for driving the shit out of the car before they say I have crazy power I swear the motor is nothing special. When I was running with Jeff Ryan on the back straight I could barely pull along side him with a draft, exiting 7 pretty much on his bumper. I tried bump drafting with him a few times and could only touch him twice. There are a few other IT-7 cars out there with WAY more. If Jeff would put some Hoosiers on his car It would have been a very close race, his car was pretty loose. Sean was right there too.

My secret? 11.3:1 air fuel ratio. If I figure out how to lean the damn thing out without going smaller than 150s in the secondaries then I'll be in business! Last dyno showed 120 whp, I don't think that's too much...
    ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion
    2006 PRO-IT IT-7 Champion

Oops, double post.

Met some great people at the event and made some new friends--That is what this is all about in the end.
    [/b]
    Hear, hear! Your help/advice was invaluable since I was so unfamiliar with Ray's & Rob's cars. I knew I was in trouble when the tech inspector asked me to pull the head on Rob's car.

Good to meet you.

Ed.
    Edwin Ho
    #65 SM
    www.ehmotorsports.org

At least people give me some credit for driving the shit out of the car before they say I have crazy power I swear the motor is nothing special. When I was running with Jeff Ryan on the back straight I could barely pull along side him with a draft, exiting 7 pretty much on his bumper. I tried bump drafting with him a few times and could only touch him twice. There are a few other IT-7 cars out there with WAY more. If Jeff would put some Hoosiers on his car It would have been a very close race, his car was pretty loose. Sean was right there too.

My secret? 11.3:1 air fuel ratio. If I figure out how to lean the damn thing out without going smaller than 150s in the secondaries then I'll be in business! Last dyno showed 120 whp, I don't think that's too much...
    [/b]
    Interesting...what kind of dyno was that?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

It was on a dynocom (http://www.dynocom.net/). I made around 115 on a dynojet (dynolab in atlanta), took it up to the dynocom about a month later and made close to the same (within 1 or 2 hp), then was able to tune out a few more HP. Those numbers should be comparable to dynojet numbers as this is also an inertia dyno, I didn't use the eddy brake. All HP numbers are SAE corrected.
    ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion

my Yaw carb had to go back to Yaw for a looking at as it ceased to run correctly a year ago. Still waiting for him to return it- or a phone call.
    [/b]
    www.pbandjracing.com Talk to Carl Perez
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

Here’s the tale of the PRO-IT fiasco at turn 2, lap 1
    I was qualified 4th, next to Russ Marshall (IT-7) with Bob Stretch 5th.
    Start was surprisingly reserved. Not the WOT from the instant the pace car pulls off that I’d seen most of the time at Atlanta.
    Coming to T2, Gerald Potts (Q2) pushed out to, if not slightly off, the edge of the track and I was giving him room to recover. Russ Marshall was at my right rear fender.
    Suddenly I got hit pretty hard and spun 360 to the right side of the track.

Kudos to all those that missed me on the way past.

From 3 separate witnesses, I heard that Stretch had run into Marshall, driving him into me. I also heard that Stretch denies this. I can say that the impact was hard enough to bend a tie rod on Marshall’s car and put him out of the race.
    I had nearly come to a stop from the spin and was getting back up to speed on far right side of track when I thought I got rammed from the rear, which drove me into the absurd wall configuration where the barrier is NOT parallel to the track due to an access road. :angry:
    I later learned from a spectator’s video that Derek Lugar had actually clipped me on the side as the pack he was in came by 3 wide and he was nearly past me when the contact occurred. He was being squeezed right and I’m sure he had no idea of the result to me as he was then pretty busy keeping his car under control as he got pulled off track somewhat from the contact.
    Lessons learned? Face the video camera rearward so you have evidence who did what. It took me a while to gather this information from witnesses that I’d have had right away with the camera.
    My car’s a total and Russ was put out of the race because one person drove like a bull in a china shop. I’d like to see his in car video.
    Kudos also to Russ Marshall for his sportsmanship. He was the first person to find me when I got to impound so he could apologize for the incident that was not his fault.

Bruce Wentzel, was ITS 36

Bruce, I was at turn 3 and just caught you as you nailed the wall...that didn't look like fun...I wish I was able to give a better report but just caught the carnage. that was a scary start in the pro it!.

It was a weekend of good and bad...great food and people and bad car...bad bad car! The car was pretty good despite my dissapointment at the dyno on wednesday at least it handled...I was 3rd fastest in second qualifying (6th overall really 5th as Colin's car was toast) and it was handling great! on the warmup lap the strut started to sag and get bouncy (LF) I tried real hard and got back by Stretch but it eventually turned my LF wheel into a basketball going into 6 so I just left. I endured the rain putting my wasted off the shelf 2 year old konis back in for the enduro. The car was average at best. I was having fun with chuck...caught him pretty well and decided to help him by a few cars. We went well together then we caught more traffic and I passed him in 10. He tucked under and we were off. I got crossed up at the exit of 5 (the car did that alot with the sucky struts) and Chuck was on a good drive out of 5...I heard the intake coming then BAM! I just saw the bottom of his car go over me like a Cessna! I probably would have tried the same thing to get by quickly but it just went all wrong. I hope he is doing well. It was just one of those things you wish you could do over...I guess I will next year! I helped with the food so if the cook can't come I will try to get the recipies and instructions! It was great to see all the people from the sandbox and IT.com. Thanks to David M and his wife for the help in the rain!! Everyone was nice and having fun.
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

bruce
    i was behind the bmw. he got sideways up the hill. i have to agree that nobody gave an inch. somebody hammered my passenger door.
    rick ITA #06
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

The PRO-it was a mess. I was planning to just hang back and take it easy and collect some sweet contingency $$. I guess that's what I get. Sorry again about your car Bruce, hope to see you back out there soon...

--
    Russ
    ReSpeed
    2006 ARRC IT-7 Champion

The Pro IT race was a bit of a fiasco, however, for the record, I dont deny hitting the IT7 that was in front of me after T1.

As you know, we were all REALLY close after T1 and I was close enough to the IT7 that when he lifted and let off, I ran into the back of him. There was a car on my left and my right and on my bumper. Not like I had anywhere to go.... At about the same moment that we connected, I saw the BMW turned 90 degrees sideways through the windows in the IT7. Miraculously I went left and probably avoided the whole thing my inches. It was the closest call I have had in a long time.

I'd challenge anyone in a pack that tight running wide open going up a hill NOT to bump the guy in front when he lifts!

I had also heard Marshalls car had a bent tie rod, but I am not sure F to B contact caused that...

Does anyone have the printout for the contingency prizes from the ARRC? I can't seem to find it on the ARRC web site any more... - Greg

Does anyone have the printout for the contingency prizes from the ARRC? I can't seem to find it on the ARRC web site any more... - Greg
    [/b]
    Bottom left of the home page.

http://www.arrc-online.com/2006_arrc_contingency.pdf

Who do we contact about an error on the ITU track record? Ray Huffmaster ran a 1:42.227.

Good Job CenDiv 1, 3 in ITS 2, 3 in ITA 3 in ITC with the fastest laps in all three
    Rob
    [/b]
    How could you forget your dad? 1st in ITU and a track record (at least unofficially for now).

Ed.
    Edwin Ho
    #65 SM
    www.ehmotorsports.org

I had not heard that our esteemed Mr. Jordan stepped down as chairman of the ITAC. With all my sponsorships and committments, I don't have time for current events. I will say that’s good news! WoooHooo…

Based on some of the comments here, I’m to assume that Mr. Jordan’s bias and attitude only started after he stepped down? Yeah right!

You guys think I’m some dumb hick?

Shake and bake!!!!!

Ricky

Ricky
    [/b]

Nope.....just a guy who posts anonamously and tries to inflame people....basically a coward.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

I had not heard that our esteemed Mr. Jordan stepped down as chairman of the ITAC. With all my sponsorships and committments, I don't have time for current events. I will say that’s good news! WoooHooo…

Based on some of the comments here, I’m to assume that Mr. Jordan’s bias and attitude only started after he stepped down? Yeah right!

Shake and bake!!!!!

Ricky
    [/b]
    Try to sleeze on over and start a new thread on"How I drive a BMW and got screwed" and leave the ARRC discussion to people with something decent to say. You are not as bright and secretive as you think you are. Want your real email and IP listed on this site? Now be a Pr--K some more.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

You are an imposter Ricky Bobby... Ricky would never start the stupid crap you are starting... Till now I was a fan, I am now a fan of Cal Naughton, Jr.

Go Cal!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

.....just a guy who posts anonamously and tries to inflame people....basically a coward.[/b]
    That's a much nicer way to phrase it than I would. What a prick.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

That's a much nicer way to phrase it than I would. What a prick. [/b]
    It's ok guys. The heat in Miami must be getting to him. It's a classic case of someone not wanting to review the results and accept that it wasn't the death sentence it was portrayed to be by some.

The real kudo's go to the drivers and teams who stuck it out, made it work and still succeeded amidst great competition like Garcia, Maynard, Jones, etc. The situation sucked, it worked out, and now these teams have a choice to continue their development in ITS or go unrestriced and ballast-free in ITR. Issue closed.

I think the 2007 ARRC will be awesome as many who have never gone have decided to go. The tech reviews, the parties and the 'event' are all top notch. Now Ruck - how about you and I team up to organize an "IT Festival" at Mid Ohio to compliment this race?

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I will say that’s good news! WoooHooo…

Ricky
    [/b]
    You think that'sn good news?? ha HA!

You don't know obviously, who was in the running for, and who actually got the position.

hee hee......

Don't worry, I'm sure none of us think you're just dumb, or just a hick. Or even just a dumb hick. That's forgivable, kinda. We're bright enough to know it's actually much worse.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com