Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: ARRC updates....

Three letters: S I R !!!!!!!!!!

You listening Andy?? [/b]
    NO!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Rich, good job with the 3rd.............. Will this start a progression ^ ? How is Mike Hart doing? [email protected]

Have Fun
    David

Hey Lawton: "glass houses"...?

NO!
    [/b]
    NO?? Didn't we talk about this before??? No matter how it happens if a tweener emerges...or at least some lead... Good job Greg! My car had nothing for you guys this year...it fell apart under me until I crashed it in the enduro...oh well I will have a fresh car for next year and make the ARRC my priority!!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

NO?? Didn't we talk about this before??? No matter how it happens if a tweener emerges...or at least some lead... Good job Greg! My car had nothing for you guys this year...it fell apart under me until I crashed it in the enduro...oh well I will have a fresh car for next year and make the ARRC my priority!! [/b]
    Evan - he was joking about the SIR. I hate the SIR in IT.

Andy Bettencourt

I dislike it as well...I was just joking
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Watching that cool ITA video made me wonder if anybody had any video of it from midpack?
    Mac Spikes
    Cresson, TX (Home of "The Original" MotorSport Ranch)
    "To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

Three letters: S I R !!!!!!!!!![/b]
    HERE HERE!!!

Nah, it just needs shorter straightaways and more twisty stuff, like, oh I don't know, VIR maybe? :P
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

good point Maybe the arrc ought to run that old runoffs chicane on the back straight

heck at lime rock even a good me otter can beat the egg.

oh ya egg beater, I like that.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Hmmm, I think we may have a new name for the mosquito...

Nah, it just needs shorter straightaways and more twisty stuff, like, oh I don't know, VIR maybe? :P
    [/b]
    Me thinks Mr. Ruck hasn't seen VIR... (evil grin)... come March he will, though!

I’m really late here, but better than never…..

Thanks to:

Greg for taking off the panties and driving the piss outta that car.

Dave and Mel for the beers. Special thanks to Dave for capturing Greg’s Reverse Half-Lindey out of the car.

Crazy Joe for the entertainment, smokes and Monster. I mean, just lookin at him makes me crack up.

Jake for even better entertainment (setup scene) and Monster.

Tim Rogers, Kevin Hart, Brian Cembor: Nissan dudes, very nice guys and excellent crew. Really couldn’t ask for more.

Vinny DiGuisseppe, my body guy, for spiffing up the car at 2am the Monday before the event, forcing me to get some sleep because I was too high from the paint fumes to keep working.

Gene Gardner of Gardner Engineering Lab (Wallingford, CT) for the rush welding and brazing. If you have two pieces of *any* metal and want them attached, find him.

Pete Chillemi of East Coast Machine (North Haven, CT) for most of what I know about making power and use of the machines. Pete specializes in American V8 restricted/rules engines. Trying to get him to start rippin up AS……

Atlanta Region for the smooth event. Things actually happened *ahead* of schedule. Tech only took a long time cuz I was low on Monster….

Andy Bettencourt for calling the NX “cute”. Pretty much the main motivation I had to make the car fast. Now who’s got the cute car?

Finally, thank you Monster energy drink inventor guy :figo: …..You have given a fat, chain-smoking, 30-something year old guy the energy of a fat, chain-smoking 20-something year old guy!

Matt

BTW-We don't need no stinking SIR....taking brib…err…donations (cases of Monster work well) for slowing the NX down……

I’m really late here, but better than never…..

Thanks to:

Greg for taking off the panties and driving the piss outta that car.

Dave and Mel for the beers. Special thanks to Dave for capturing Greg’s Reverse Half-Lindey out of the car.

Crazy Joe for the entertainment, smokes and Monster. I mean, just lookin at him makes me crack up.

Jake for even better entertainment (setup scene) and Monster.

Tim Rogers, Kevin Hart, Brian Cembor: Nissan dudes, very nice guys and excellent crew. Really couldn’t ask for more.

Vinny DiGuisseppe, my body guy, for spiffing up the car at 2am the Monday before the event, forcing me to get some sleep because I was too high from the paint fumes to keep working.

Gene Gardner of Gardner Engineering Lab (Wallingford, CT) for the rush welding and brazing. If you have two pieces of *any* metal and want them attached, find him.

Pete Chillemi of East Coast Machine (North Haven, CT) for most of what I know about making power and use of the machines. Pete specializes in American V8 restricted/rules engines. Trying to get him to start rippin up AS……

Atlanta Region for the smooth event. Things actually happened *ahead* of schedule. Tech only took a long time cuz I was low on Monster….

Andy Bettencourt for calling the NX “cute”. Pretty much the main motivation I had to make the car fast. Now who’s got the cute car?

Finally, thank you Monster energy drink inventor guy :figo: …..You have given a fat, chain-smoking, 30-something year old guy the energy of a fat, chain-smoking 20-something year old guy!

Matt

BTW-We don't need no stinking SIR....taking brib…err…donations (cases of Monster work well) for slowing the NX down……
    [/b]
    Hey there he is!!! Matt has spoken!
    Jeremy Billiel

Damn I'm laughing my ass off. It's kinda funny timing Matt, I went into my garage tonight and thought, darn, this Prelude is cute!
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Andy Bettencourt for calling the NX "cute". Pretty much the main motivation I had to make the car fast. Now who's got the cute car?

[/b]
    Thanks to Dick:

My car ain't cute, when inside the Connecticut state borders, its an EGG-BEATER. Nice.

Unfortunatly, when it gets to RA, it's SCRAMBLED EGGS.

AB

Andy Bettencourt

Me thinks Mr. Ruck hasn't seen VIR... (evil grin)... come March he will, though!
    [/b]
    True, true. Never been there.

Muresan, if you're reading this, send me VIR in-car! Do it for the Integra's!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

VIR is what Road Atlanta USED to be, prior to the removal of the Dip. Recalls a time when men were men and the sheep were scared...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

Hey, Kevin, Butch is Right There.

I'll send you a DVD of the track from inside Kirk's killer Golf, so you can see what'll look like from inside one of those slow Acuras...you know, so you can get your timing and all that...

:P

Hell, I'll even send you a DVD of in-car from the 1991 Runoffs so you can wonder in amazement. JoeD was over this past weekend and we watched it; his response was precious...

I like Road Atlanta a lot. It has lots of places where you are doing two things at once, turning and dropping, turning and rising, and so on. Plus, it's got some sections that need a special bit of attention, and some blind corners too. But theres really nothing scary about it.

Now the old track.......THAT looks like it could scare you the first few laps!

Matt

[/b]

Now THAT is some funny chit!

Matt, the first step is admitting there is a problem....you're almost there....lets work on it a bit more!

(And folks......don't be like me and go to get him some Monster and then discover there are THREE varieties! Uh oh! Now what??? He likes the one thats in the red and black cans...and yes, he will probably do more for a can of Monster than he would for the equivilent amount of cash....)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks to Dick:

My car ain't cute, when inside the Connecticut state borders, its an EGG-BEATER. Nice.

AB
    [/b]
    Yeah, and a 'Teg Beater too....and a CRX Beater, and a 240 Beater and a......

Matt, the first step is admitting there is a problem....you're almost there....lets work on it a bit more!

[/b]
    The only problem I got is the price!! (ssfft, opens can)

Gonna try cooking it down and making little rocks.... :119:

Muresan, if you're reading this, send me VIR in-car! Do it for the Integra's!
    [/b]
    Here you go, for the integras! Vids are from March this year, when I thought there was a chance the cute red egg might have made it out. An Integra won that race and it's all on you now Kevin to stop the egg.
    clear track taken from the race
    from qualifying
    start
    Alex Muresan
    #84 ITA