Thread: Christmas Wish Lists

Ok, so you are really dreaming now, but please, be realistic. I figured I'd start this thread because I am sure that some crew, family, etc. look at the forum and follow some of the threads.
    It's so hard to buy Christmas gifts for the racer because so many things are way over budget, but if you could give ideas for things that make good stocking stuffers, realistically priced really needed things for the racer, I'm sure we all could use the ideas. I, for one, have a limited budget, but LOVE to give gifts related to racing. For a matter of fact, I've made MANY gifts as mementos for Raymond and Stephen and can do that for others as well...so Raymond and Stephen, pass along ideas of what you have received and would like to receive and get this thread going. I'm sure wives, parents, significant others and crew would appreciate any and all ideas. Besides, I need NEW ideas from others as well.....thanks.....and now it's time to write your letter to Santa...

ps....I've updated my website to include a section in Favorite Links from photobucket of pics I've taken of RST at many of the races....hope you all get a chance to visit and leave comments.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

Here's an idea, how about those collectable die-cast minitures? At the last Montery Historics I picked up a 3.5 CSL #25 driven by Redman/Posey at the 4hrs of Riverside, along with a poster signed by Rayhal and Said, where Said was driving the sister car #24 and Rayhal was in a M1 Procar. Other than that, how could you go wrong with a set of tires? Maybe some Carbon-X undies ?

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

It is only natural for loved ones to buy safety gear for their racers. The season starts right about now for the early shoppers.

You don't' have to buy high end items either. A fresh set of nomex socks or a balaclava is a nice safety touch.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Good question! My wife always yells at me and says that everything I want is too expensive and I'm a pain to shop for. I don't understand why? With options such as a new suspension, Motec, sending me to England for professional racing instruction...

- A gift certificate to an indoor karting track (depending on the climate you live in of course).
    - I'm a big fan of racing books such as Going Faster, the Speed Secrets series, and I just picked up Race to Win by Carol Smith (corrected - thanks James!).
    - Tickets to a pro race next year; Grand Am Cup (now Koni Challenge), American LeMans, World Challenge
    - A Honda flag they can bring with them to their races, preferrably with the # 13 on it
    - A tire pyrometer (probe type)
    - If they have either X-box or Playstation in the house, the racing game Forza
    - If they have Forza, there's a really cool steering wheel made for the game, although it's a bit expensive.

Dave

.... and I just picked up Race to Win by Carol Shelby.....

Dave
    [/b]
    Hey Dave,

Not to nit-pick, but "Race To Win" is one of a series of books including "Prepare To Win" and "Engineer To Win" by the late Carol Smith. Carol Shelby, on the other hand, is still alive. Smith had a broad range of experience, but is mostly centered on Formula cars.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Some cool ideas for sure. Here are a couple that I wouldn't mind getting.

Copy of Dave Gran's book

New set of belts

New driving gloves or shoes

And if we're going for big-ticket items, a DL-1

Some good things, while not stocking-stuffers, won't break the bank either

Harbor Freight aluminum race jack (does anybody still not have one of these?)

10x10 (or 10x20) canopy, EZ-Up knock-offs can be had for cheap.

Cordless impact gun

Entry fee for a race at a track they don't normally / haven't run.

Unhappy

What I'd like for Christmas.... hummmm?

I got it.

Boobs.. Wake up the next morning no pain no side effects, and nice new chest. lol

Toodles, Stacey_B
    MY 'NEW' 1990 RACE CAR 2009 ITB CalClub Championship - Solo2 (FSP) www.scpoc.com : www.probetalk.com Racing is my life.
    Winner One Lap of America 2003- SSGT2 class 1996 Ford Probe GT.
    Sponsors: Porterfield Racing brakes - LTB Motorsports - Tires Warehouse - Hankook tires - Auto-Meter

TMI!!

Anyway, they'll just slow you down!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Just to be a P.I.T.A

His name is Carroll Smith, all of his books are awesome, and any racer would be wise to read them.

Carol is a girls name.

Sorry to

Mark
    Mark P. Larson
    Fast Family Racing
    #83 GP Nissan 210
    CFR #164010
    3X CFR ITC Regional Champ
    1995 SEDIV ECR Champ
    Go Big Or Go Home!

I'd be down for:

Cordless impact gun
    Fire extinguisher
    New race car graphics
    Cool shirt (bought a cooler off Ebay)
    Those cool tiles you put in your paddock space
    A nice compilation DVD of Michael Schumacher's career
    Nice DV camera to tape my screwups

Keep 'em coming....my list is still growing!

"Oh Huuuunneeeeee! Guess what else I want......."
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Not to nit-pick, but "Race To Win" is one of a series of books including "Prepare To Win" and "Engineer To Win" by the late Carol Smith. Carol Shelby, on the other hand, is still alive. Smith had a broad range of experience, but is mostly centered on Formula cars.

[/b]

Have read all the books and they may be geared toward open wheel, but race technology is race technology and you use the same ideas just in different ways. As a newbie way back when, I was able to learn so much from those books and could actually understand a lot of concepts about driving, setup, etc.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......