Thread: Competition Ridge Racing Ranch

While browsing ebay recently, I ran across a listing for a 'pre-opening' membership special for this place: http://www.competitionridge.com/intro.html
    Has any one heard of this place or seen it? The concept has merit, but their website makes my eyes hurt.
    And the lack of photos is rather suspicious..
    <_<
    Anyone have any info on it?
    Think that once everyone moved in, they&#39;d be bitching about the noise??
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Neat Idea,

Kind of like the live on the golf course places. I know that they have aviation communities like that in Florida and Arizona too. Seeing as how airports and aviation get&#39;s the same rap as race tracks, I&#39;d think it&#39;d be doable. No excuse for not knowing you live next to a race track, and it&#39;s probably part of the home-owners association, probably pay maintanence fee&#39;s with your property tax. Still lack of photo&#39;s and it&#39;s on e-bay I&#39;d be suspiceous, and would want to see infrastructure first.

James

STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

This track deal has been around for a while (3 or 4 yrs at least). The web site is diferent and the last version I recall stated that the road course and oval would be separate (this one says they are combined). This web site indicates the track would be close to Lake Havasu. I believe the the last web site indicated the track would be north of I-40 closer to Kingman.

Spec RX7 #11
    Scottsdale AZ

I found a few photos on the site of the track being built.

Looks like a cool idea and homes are cheap(at least compared to so cal). But it says you pay a $400 membership a month and get 4 hours of track time??? If I live on a track I want way more track time. I would come home from work for luch and do a few laps.

Hopefully it will have open track days since its not to far from where I live

I found a few photos on the site of the track being built.

Looks like a cool idea and homes are cheap(at least compared to so cal). But it says you pay a $400 membership a month and get 4 hours of track time??? If I live on a track I want way more track time. I would come home from work for luch and do a few laps.

Hopefully it will have open track days since its not to far from where I live
    [/b]
    So what are the winters like there? We&#39;ve been kicking around ideas for someday retiring to a warmer place, and FL isn&#39;t all that appealing... <_<
    (dang it all, this is actually StephF....I keep forgetting to see which one of us is logged in!)
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

The winters are mild by anyone&#39;s standards....it&#39;s the summers that are slightly cooler than the surface of the Sun.

I have in-laws in Havasu. According to the weather channel.com today was in the mid 80&#39;s. July-Sept temps will have highs between 110 and 120--lows at night around 95....yeah that&#39;s fun.

Property is cheap unless you can see water. Bullhead City is cheaper than Havasu but has a large percentage of folks who are into a different type of Speed.

has a large percentage of folks who are into a different type of Speed.
    [/b]

thats a good one, and its very true

it&#39;s the summers that are slightly cooler than the surface of the Sun.[/b]
    Whadda ya expect. Lake Havasu is almost next door to Death Valley. I wonder if there is any water within 5 miles (down) of the home sites? Not unusual in that part of the state for there to be no ground water available at all.
    Spec RX7 #11
    Scottsdale AZ

The idea is cool, but it&#39;s waaaaay more than I could ever afford.
    Other than 2 cases of Jolt and duct tape, what could we possibly need?

Just found this....
    http://www.motorsportranch.com/

http://www.racersranch.com/track.html

Interesting sites.....
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......