I hope to have a replacing option with the 90 Probe GL. But from what I've experienced so far is the little rabbits are still faster. Now I thought given a drag race in 1990 my car vs the little rabbit, my car would blow the doors off the little rabbit. Not so on course today 2006. Maybe its the .5 increase that is allowed to the bottom end compression thats allowing them to walk away from me. Or maybe its something else. Maybe i'll still too heavy of a car in the power to weight ratio war. But the object of racing is options, not we all drive the same car because its the only one that has the best PtoW ratio. Like they do in solo. All the front runners of a given class run the same car. Why? because they figured out that car is the best for that class.

Someone mentioned the track records. Now I have to chim in on track records. If they were set by cars that ran 100% legal then I could see how important they are. But lets face it. If you ever get a chance to look at the results at races. You'll see ITB cars smoking the ITC cars and in most cases beating the times of ITA cars. ITA cars smoking the times of some ITS cars. Track records are ofter 5 sec a lap faster than anyone else could ever hope to get without doing something... shall I say illegal. In true legal form there should be a real tangable time difference between classes of cars. ITB cars if they are in the correct class should not be running for ITA win, etc.

Back in the day or maybe even not then either, a track record might have really ment something. But now its just a joke to me. Its a person with a crazy car creating a very unattainable bench mark for everyone else to try and meet. A true track record would have cars within one sec to 1.5 of all the other seasoned drivers driving the same type of car.

I'll step down now..