OK I've been away for a while doing things that put food on the plate...but after the spam "incident" and after the most recent upgrade (we're actually at v 2.1.7) I have been told and then I have myself noticed that things are not all well in IT.com land.

The recent change where after clicking submit the page just hangs forever (even though the post is already registered) is particularly annoying.... :angry:

THEREFORE.... after things calm down around here a little bit... I am going to dive back into IT.com and start to adress some things that need fixing. One thing I am seriously condsidering is moving the forums over to VBulliten. Invision Power Board is adaquate but I have not been impressed with the support or the security that I've experienced over the past year. Also, many of the add-ons and enhancements that were promised never materialized from IPB.

VBulliten on the other hand seems to be going from strength to strength. It's got far more 3rd party support and more customizations available. Additionally, it seems to have a much better scheme for dealing with moderators and admins. This means that we shoud be able to have many of you who LIVE on these forums :P help out since you are already here. Help out with spam, help out with the occasional jackarse, help out with tidying up around here...

Of course this will come with a price so there may be a short "fund raising drive" next month to take care of any additional fees the new software may incur. I shoud have gone with VBulliten in the first place when we switch to a "real forum" last year...but I thought IPB was acting like Avis....unfortunately you win some, you loose some.

Feel free to throw your comments into the hat here....