Fair enough, especially since I think you're actually supposed to be running 9.4" (239mm). [/b]
I knew it was .1 off of 9.5.

True, I've done the opposite on a rallye car but it took a drill and some modified parts not legal for IT. I would still not consider the result as good as the original A2 equipment. The point is that it can't be done at all for IT.

Edit: Perhaps you were just talking about struts. I was talking about full uprights/bearings/hubs/tie-rods/balljoints etc. too.[/b]
Yes struts/shocks/springs

Okay, you'll get no argument from me that an A2 GTI deserves a slight weight break compared to and A2 GLI due to the better front brakes, better weight distribution, and better aerodynamics of sedan with spoiler versus hatchback.[/b]
The brakes are the only real advantage IMO.

But I don't buy your argument that this type of equalization should extend to an A1-chassis Scirocco. They're just too dissimilar.[/b]
For classification purposes they are both very similar. FWD, unibody, rear twist beam/front McPhereson, same short block, head and injection, but the S-roc has less drag (we need to find this on out) and bigger brakes. Again I don't know that the weight right now is correct, but I do think it should be heavier than the Golf.