Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your plans for the winter?

Well, decided to get you all talking once again. So, what do you all plan to do for winter projects, hobbies, etc?
    My winter "chore" is plowing, but that's only if I can get a few volunteers to take a day and do an engine swap in my plow. Bob is too sick to do it, plus we pulled out of the garage we are renting due to the psycho explosions of our landlady there. (By psycho, I mean, we get blamed when her dishes aren't done in her house? She expects us to do repairs on her property for no compensation, and this woman actually hits herself when something breaks or her teenaged kids misbehave. She REALLY is psycho!!!! We don't need that.) Anyway, I hope to have a dozen or so driveways to plow to earn extra money. I LOVE doing it. It's really a blast, though I get mighty tired....it's a good tired. I crank on the tunes, bring the dog, drink lots of hot chocolate, and just plow ahead!!!!

I'm anxious to hear who gets to go skiing, what cars are being built, who hits the football games, etc. I also hope to get my personal website really cookin' and also get my personal computer online. (That's been a problem). I use my roommate's usually.

Well, hope to hear all the latest gossip from y'all soon.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

1) cleaning up the mess I made of the garage and basement during the 2006 efforts

2) building a spare engine and tranny for 2007

3) more of 1

I also moderate on www.swedespeed.com and hang around www.trackpedia.com, both which take some PC time up

...what do you all plan to do for winter projects, hobbies, etc?[/b]
    My winter hobby is paying off credit cards...

If I can afford the warm socks, I like to race with AMEC. The warm socks cost almost as much as a day's entry fee (about $40). A tank of regular unleaded should also be included in the budget, because there's lots of track time (usually at least 1.5 hrs). The Menard studded tires can last virtually forever on a low-HP car, or the unstudded street-legal class is a blast too.
    2006 NARRC ITC, 1ST
    2006 NERRC ITC, 1ST
    2000 NERRC ITB, 3RD

BUGCITY -- RANCO Collision -- FlameTheHorse -- Shine Racing Service

Just picked up my new car for ITA racing in 2007!
    I know some of you know what I have in my garage now, but I feel like playing games and will only say it's from Japan, is silver and was a prior NER car. There are several things (aren't there always) to do to get it ready for me and the new rules (2007).
    Victor G.
    03 ITA

Just picked up my new car for ITA racing in 2007!
    I know some of you know what I have in my garage now, but I feel like playing games and will only say it's from Japan, is silver and was a prior NER car. There are several things (aren't there always) to do to get it ready for me and the new rules (2007).
    Victor G.
    03 ITA
    [/b]
    RWD or FWD? I love games! My guess...curtousy of www.the16v.com

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

This winter will include plenty of skiing here! We already had some snow, and hikers were already taking some turns at Wildcat. If anyone heads up to the Mt. Washington area for skiing, drop a note.

I'll also be fixing up the CRX and catch up with the things I planned to do before I had to put it back together. "There's always next season"
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

I will be burning all my pics to DVD
    Doug
    NER.org webmaster (retired)
    the16v.com Photography
    briansgarage.com

No snow activities down here so I guess I'll continue rebuilding my car. Luckily, I put in a nice gas heater in my garage last winter that takes the chill off in Jan & Feb since sometimes it gets into the 30's at night.

If I lived in south FL like my brother I could be painting my car as well. Maybe I need to move. Except the summers are brutal. He's either in the A/C or the pool and even that feels more like a bath the water's so warm.

I won't be able to paint until April
    Tom Sprecher

We have to do the body on the civic, figure out the ?ignition? issue on the CRX. Add to the cage in the CRX, start the prep work on the body shell of the ita car, and do routine maintainance on the itc cars. Put a pellet stove in the garage yesterday, so with that and the lift this winter will be easier and warmer doing race car stuff. Have to call Tim Re: tech advice on Mitsubishi prep.
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

Oh, I forgot, I will be taking care of my granddaughter for PAY while her mother, Raymond and Stephen's step-sister goes to school for her LNA. She graduates December 20th and with luck will be able to take her state board exam before the New Year and will be working full time after that and hopefully, the baby sitting job will continue. It is sure keeping me young!

Doing lots of crafts and making unique gifts for the kids.

BTW, I do woodburning pics of cars with color, photographic lamp shades and other things I can't tell you about because then R & S would know what I'm making them for Christmas. If anyone wants to learn more about my racing crafts and perhaps get something special for that racer of yours, (or yourself) PM me.

Now that I've made my "plug" .......

Reading, lots of reading.....
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

Save up for next years season. Build a fresh bottom end for 07 so I can rebuild the current one over the season. Come Feb the car will be home so I can replace the roll bar padding around the driver area and ensure im 07 legal.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I should learn Excel, so I can do a spreadsheet and figure out how much it's going to cost me to have a competitive rear wheel drive IT car for next season, LOL...

ITR 944s2?? ITR 911SC? ITR E36? ITR E46? ITA Miata 1.8? Lots of numbers to crunch...
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

, start the prep work on the body shell of the ita car, [/b]
    ??? Did I miss something???

For us hopefully we will get snow, and ice... Skiing all winter and we are working on an Ice Racing (autocross style, not wheel to whell) adventure with the BMW club in NH... Possability of IT type front wheel drive cars, studded tires on the front and anything but studs on the rear!!! Should be a challenge, and a great learning tool for fellow drivers Hoping that Jason Benagh, Dave Gran, Tim Mullen and others will join in When it gets closer to the season we will post some updates, as it wil be the dead of winter and everyone will be bored and in need of a driving refresher challenge!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Let's just say you should sometimes keep your significant other away from ebay.....
    <_<
    this is going to be a looooonnnnnggggg winter.......
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

I will be cooking up diabolical plans for an IT car of some kind. I&#39;m back to mid engine thoughts....
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

does anybodt know of a good 1.8 miata to build for lrp?
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

does anybodt know of a good 1.8 miata to build for lrp?
    [/b]
    Not any more!
    Ed Funk
    NER ITA CRX, ITB Civic, ITC CRX (wanna buy a Honda?)
    Smart as a horse, hung like Einstein!

does anybodt know of a good 1.8 miata to build for lrp? [/b]
    You gonna have one car for every track?

Don&#39;t forget - the car you drive was the track record holder before my &#39;wind-aided&#39; 1:01.4 - that red missle has gone 1:01.6. Get up on that wheel!!!!!!!!!!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

ummm....err.....I have lived in Florida all my life....just what are you "plowing"?......we no longer have farms to plow in cental Fl........just plow a few tourist attractions and it would be nice again.