Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are your plans for the winter?

True, but when you live in NH you have to expect to push some snow around. I dont have to deal with it that often in this area, though you would think a cat 5 huricane is comming to DC every time they announce snow and the locals buy about 6 weeks worth of bread, milk and TP.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

a better driver and 115lbs makes a big difference. i think i ran a 1:02.1 at the lrp pro race last year. so a off to find a miata. hey andy will you rent the miata for the arrc?
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Well, I changed the oil in the Miata and put the tires away, it's ready for next season.
    I think I'll build an ITC car!
    Jerry
    Jerry
    NER South

a better driver and 115lbs makes a big difference. i think i ran a 1:02.1 at the lrp pro race last year. so a off to find a miata. hey andy will you rent the miata for the arrc? [/b]
    You should sharpen up! Ruck set a track record this year...Hunter is under 2005 record pace at NHIS...you just weren't challenged in 05...then we passed you by when you were snoozing in that ITB car!!!

BRING ON THE FUNK!

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

After toying with the idea of running SM next year, I've decided to stick with the green machine in ITS. After all the %$#! dough I poured into repairs this year, I may as well get a few races out of the beast.

Which reminds me, please ping me if you've got an RX-7 diff for sale!

Steve U
    05 ITS
    Flatout Motorsports

Steve Ulfelder
    Author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie
    www.ulfelder.com

who wants to run a new class next year called ITAminus or ITA unlimited. for who ever got weight last year and wants to run with out that weight???????????? lets run as light as we can get them. i still think we could get good #s from the tegs, crx's and 240sx's. did i miss anybody?
    i will have to get to the drug store and buy some no doze for next season
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

Well, hopefully this winter I can get enough projects in the door to be able to get my IT7 back up to snuff including a fresh motor. I zinged it a couple of years back at about the same time that life smacked me in the wallot a couple of times (2nd story addition and some hefty medical bills for the kid).

I spent this past season working T&S and as webmaster for the St. Louis Region so that I could keep close to racing... but it's just way to hard to watch everyone out there on the track!
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

I spent this past season working T&S and as webmaster for the St. Louis Region so that I could keep close to racing... but it's just way to hard to watch everyone out there on the track!
    [/b]

I hear you! Its really hard to be at the track if you don't know when you'll be back. If you do have plans, it's not so bad....but without plans, sometimes I'd just rather not go, LOL.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

RWD or FWD? I love games! My guess...curtousy of www.the16v.com

[/b]
    You're right Andy, that's my new baby! ;-)

Victor
    03 again

Congrats Victor. I am thrilled to see you back in the game.

Not so thrilled about your choice of cars.

PS, hopefully you didn't inherit that RF tire in the deal! BTW, have you ever been right behind that car in a race??? I' have spent lots of laps behind it., and I know all sides...including the bottom, all too well!

(Sometimes I wondered if it wasn't Richie behind the wheels! )

kidding...kidding....
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Well this winter we are considering a bunch of options for a new car. So far I am not really interested in doing another ITC Rabbit. With all the reclassing of cars going on, soon the 1.6 liter car will be obsolete. If we do a Road Racing car, it'll be a German car again.....and I am thinking ITS...

Or we might just say " to hell with it ." and go play on the ovals and try to make a little money back on what we like to do.... .....

John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    "not really sure yet" #05
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

who wants to run a new class next year called ITAminus or ITA unlimited. for who ever got weight last year and wants to run with out that weight???????????? lets run as light as we can get them. i still think we could get good #s from the tegs, crx's and 240sx's. did i miss anybody?
    i will have to get to the drug store and buy some no doze for next season [/b]
    :huh:

So let me get this straight, you ran the Teg 4 times this year, won once and came in second 3 times. Plenty of people would like to have that sucess!

Focus on your A effort or your B effort and you will find what you lost.

My plans are to keep you behind me at LRP and figure out a way to stay in your draft at NHIS, Pocono, WGI or wherever else we actually have to slow down and then speed up!!!
    Andy Bettencourt

Andy the teg is an awesome car and it is successful.
    I am very sore about the weight. I totally appreciate the efforts of those that are trying to improve the classes. i think in real world i am not sure that the results are what was intended. from my side of the fence the rules did not make any of the existing cars more competitive. 2 cars are brought into the class that are lighter than mine and faster in many respects. how did that help the cars that were existing to the class? i am not overly knowledgable of how the rules are created, but i am not sure how adding weight to the integras, crx's and 240 sx's while bringing S cars to this class is making the class better.
    bringing these 2 cars is fine, i have nothing against the miata or nissan. but why add weight to existing cars? lets have a more fair fight. to me the more the better, but the weight thing does not make sense.
    the miata is a 1.8 and the nissan is a 1.9 and they both weigh less?
    andy your lrp time is faster than every S time by a second. traditonally there is an approx 1 second time difference between s,a and b times.
    yes the teg can still break track records but one fast lap does not win races. the car falls off a ton with the weight.
    that is why i propose a seperate class. weight costs money and i would rather run without it.
    if the teg,miata,nissans,crxs and others move to a new class then it may make it better for the rest of the A cars. A class between A and S.
    i think as it stands they created the biggest rules creep ever! lets build a miata to run up front?
    i personally would not build a diiferent car. why should i? next year they will make a change and the 1.8 miata buyers will screwed.
    i am open to opinions. did the weight changes help or hurt?
    rick
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

This is a major thread hi-jack but:

You have to go back and look at history. The NX2000 and 1.8 Miata should have never been ITS cars. They were just corrected. The weight changes (90% DOWN, 10% up) were done, not to equalize cars based on on-track performance, but to start everyone from a common structure. Everything new coming into the class goes through a 'process'. Your Teg went through last winter and that 2595 was spit out as the weight. As has been said, this ain't production...so year-to-year changes won't be made. Some cars will be better at some tracks than others.

As for LRP - with all due respect to the ITS guys - that was a track record kinda day. They were almost 2 seconds off the ITS record. Why is that? Just one of many reasons you can't use an event to make snap decisions. The Miata IS a 1.8 but makes 128 stock hp. Your car has 12 more stock hp and an almost 15 ft/lbs advantage before IT prep. I will be happy to share my dyno sheets with you...you will be dissappointed. The Nissan is a 2.0L and has the same power as you but has a horrible MacPherson-based suspension under it. All of these things are considered when inputting into the process. It will never be exact - and the cream will rise to the top - and there will be cars that are better on certain tracks than others. We pick our own weapon. I chose a LRP-based car that gets it clock cleaned at WGI and Pocono and runs close-but-no-cigar at NHIS. You may have (along with the 240SX IMHO) the best car for ALL the tracks combined.

Richie ran a 1:02.2 (half second quicker than me) this summer...in the TEG...

This is a fair fight. Some cars lost their advantage and now have to start 'working' again.
    Andy Bettencourt

Rick, with all due respect, ITA is considered by nearly everyone in the country to be the poster child class for how the process works, and works well.

You can't base your opinion on things from one track, or one region. Some of the slower A cars got lightened as much as possible, but even still that's not enough...but physics is physics. Every car can't have a shot at a win at every track. Yours does. Read around the net and see what people are saying about what they'd build if they could build any ITA car. The teg is montioned as much or more than any other car.

Also, when you compare engine sizes, you have to realize that there is a LOT more to power production in a stock based motor than size alone. You just can't point to a cars engine size, and then say it's not fair that it's bigger than yours and you weigh more. That's leaving out a TON of factors, and that just in the engine!

I am surprised to hear your complaints.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

yes i am over complaining and i should not. i had a car last year that behaved one way and behaves differently this year. i wish there was a different solution then weight.
    Rick Benazic

ITS Honda prelude #06

I just might show up at a few ITA races next year if I buy a nice little rocket that I drove yesterday. Gonna need some major help setting it up but - 6 cylinder power baby! Who can guess???

Weighs in at 2560 which might be a problem....don't know that I've ever seen one here in the Northeast.

Andy - you don't get to guess since you have the inside line.

Who knows of a good cage builder in NJ?

I will alternate Pocono/Glen in the SPO car. NH and LRP in the ITA mobile - it will be a full blown build.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Rick, if you honestly believe the NX2000 has an unfair advantage, I would be more than happy to not sell my car and swap rides with you for '07. This is a truly serious offer: let's swap cars and see how things come out. I've been wanting to try out an Integra anyway, and this way we can "walk in each others shoes".

This is not spiteful, boasting, Rick, I'd really like ot have access to your car for a few races...

Who can guess???[/b]
    Easy. You mentioned mid-engine above (or another thread?) and now V-6. I'm sure GM would be happy to see you out there in one of their "fiery" rollerskates.

Hey, maybe you'll buy one of the purple ones!!! (My sister liked those...) then we'll have TWO girlie cars in ITA!

:P

Yup, there are a few out there. I've raced against a couple, but they're not too common. I always wondered what they could do. They SHOULD have some power, but it IS a GM car after all, LOL.

So, no ITR???

Plenty of excitement in ITA, and we all know that "Pontiac builds excitement!"

yes i am over complaining and i should not. i had a car last year that behaved one way and behaves differently this year. i wish there was a different solution then weight.
    [/b]
    We could talk about a nice round SIR....

Must - not -go -there.

Even in jest.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Weighs in at 2560 which might be a problem..[/b]

Anybody with a car that weighs less than 2600 lbs has no right to complain :P

..and to un-hijack the thread, the BMW will be getting a new window-net mount to meet the '07 rules, new data acquisition (so I can make some cooler in-car videos.. oh yeah, and help me become a better driver and help with car setup), and some general maintentance stuff..

-noam
    -noam

On racing hiatus for a while
    NER SCCA