Locate the group of wires that connect to the "run" position on your ignition switch, route that group through the kill switch "ignition" path.
[/b]
I'm sure I could find the right thing. There is a wire at the coil packs that feeds all six, I could probably pick it up there instead of at the switch. At the switch, there is a line that's hot in run, and a line that's hot in both run & start. Seems like to kill the ignition it would be the second one. Or I could get them at the coils.

Between the switch and the coils is so much electronics that you really can't tell what's going on.

But ... what I really want to know is, will the first approach work? It seems like it. The alternator output side (the B+ terminal) would be connected directly to the battery, even when the switch is off, so it would have somewhere to drain. However, with the switch off, there would be no contact between the battery/alternator and the ignition. Isn't this simple approach the best approach?

If you isolate the battery with the main circuit, and run the alternator field circuit through the normally-open circuit with the resistor, you'll be fine.
[/b]
Forgive me Greg ... I don't understand a word you just said! I don't know what a field circuit is, and I don't really understand what you mean by "main circuit" either.

Can you draw me a picture?

I understand the principle of protecting things with the resistor ... I just don't understand why the first approach doesn't do that.