Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITS In the South East

Terminal illness??? what? Is everything ok?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Well I lost my father-in-law / crew person in May and about 4 weeks later my Dad / Crew Cheif was diagnosed with cancer and has been degrading every since. Five cycles of chemo were not succesful and as a matter of fact the tumor has enlarged during the last 4 months. He has spent most of October in Peidmont Hospital and MAYBE can come home next week. I really wanted to use the ARRC as a motivational date to get his spirits up and get him to the track one last time but it's not looking likely. I still plan on taking our stuff up to the track since we're local an dparking it for sale over the weekend and doing the Enduro on Sunday with David Spillman co-driving again. Other than that we'd still be hammering it out with ya'll and would have been at the SIC....Anyways, sorry to dump but thanks for asking Jeff, didn't mean to have left it so open ended. Anyone interested in the race equipment please call or come by.
    Chris Newberry
    Atlanta, GA

Chris - Your family is in our thoughts and prayers. My friend, Randy finishes up the Panoz school today, and we will see how he feels about racin' after this intense school. If he feels like wheel to wheel racing is for him I'll pitch your excellent car to him. Randy called last night and said that "he has a whole lot of respect for what race car drivers do, now." He also stated "race car drivin' is hard, especially that heel n toe thing."

"Bosco" Logsdon

chris, I am sorry to hear that. I hope it all goes as best as it can. Take care; hope I see you soon.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

yea Chris, that comment was a gut grabber. Sorry to hear about the situation. I've enjoyed watching the car run from time to time. Hope things go as well as can be expected.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Well, I really appreciate the support from you guys...It really is a testiment to the "family" side of this club and competitors. I just can't wait until this year is over...Hopefully '07 will be brighter. Thanks again and good luck, Chris
    Chris Newberry
    Atlanta, GA

Chris, I'm sorry to hear you're leaving the class. Sounds like there are much higher priority matters that need attention and for that I wish you strength and fortitude.

Rarely was I able to stick with you for more than a lap or two but enjoyed the challenge.

God Speed

Travers
    ITS 19

Chris, all my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. To this day that duel we had 2 years ago in a SARRC race at RA is one of my favorite racing memories. Hope to see you at the track again some day.
    Chris Brubaker
    ITS #99 - CFR
    [email protected]