Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Number Requirements for 2007

I emailed her several weeks ago and still haven't recieved a reply. Has anyone else heard from her?
    Kevin Anderson

If I understand correctly, numbers can't be issued until run groups are approved, which is after the annual meeting.
    Jerry
    NER South

I heard from her!

Still waiting for the final race groupings. Will check on that this week, though. Everyone should've received an email back acknowledging the request and that the final confirmation would be after she receives the final NARRC groups.

I know some email addresses bounced back and there was some confusion, but at this point, everything should be caught up. Should get confirmations back soon.

Jeremy

"It's a fact..."

Anything new on this? I've sent an email to Kristen but yet to receive a reply.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Let me come out of the cave.

I spoke with Kristen just after the Annual Meeting. The house was sick with the flu -sounded like she was trying to keep several balls in the air at once. Said she was working on it - hang in there.

I'm delighted to report the TEG is back in one "pretty" piece. Joe and Eric will be happy to know that their signature bumper has been retired - now I just have to learn to drive this lady - any thoughts?

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

sounded like she was trying to keep several balls in the air at once.[/b]
    Poor Jeremy! :P

I'm delighted to report the TEG is back in one "pretty" piece. Joe and Eric will be happy to know that their signature bumper has been retired - now I just have to learn to drive this lady - any thoughts? [/b]
    Test days are your friends. It will be nice to get you where you belong - at the front!
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Tim,

I would suggest running only COMSCC events. Then there will be one less ITA "TEG" for a lone CRX to chase.

:P

BTW - 14" of fluffy white snow! Too bad it is blowing about 30mph today.
    Anthony R.
    ITA #86 NER
    Honda CRX Si

[quote]
    Poor Jeremy! :P

If you only knew...... :P

Yes, Kristen is hard at work with the number requests. It took at bit for her to finally get a confirmed race group list from NARRC. But that is resovled and you should hear something back within the next week.

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

Can you post the race groupings?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

If I had them, I would. I'll try to remember to check that this weekend and post it.
    "It's a fact..."

This is starting to feel like .
    I'm having no luck contacting Kristen. Emails to her are bouncing back. Can anyone shed some light?
    Thanks...
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T

I received my conformation last week. I have heard this has been pretty unpleasant for her. some people have been not nice.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I wonder the same thing.
    This is one of those jobs that I would gladly handle.
    Kevin Anderson

I have heard this has been pretty unpleasant for her. some people have been not nice.[/b]
    As you may recall, Marianne Lyons (and Dave!) used to handle permanent numbers. I had a conversation on this with them at our annual convention a couple of years ago.

Marianne had expressed to me what I had considered excessive and surprising gratitude for my being flexible on permanent numbers for my two cars. So, I asked her why. What I got was an earful of how much of an a**h*le many of you bastards can really be. Rudeness, threats, screaming; all this over number conflicts! This is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY out of line, even if the person were being paid - and they're most decisively not.

Face it: there's going to be number conflicts! The chances of your choice number being unique from a pool of 110 numbers, in a group of potentially 75+ requests is pretty damn small. It's a FREAKIN IDENTIFICATION NUMBER, fer krist's sake! NONE of you b*****ds are making millions product marketing your car number on t-shirts and window decals, so it's nothing more than two digits used for timing and scoring to know who you are. If you're so insecure as to feel like using something other than your "lucky number" is a near-death experience, or are so pained that to spend $20 or so to replace vinyl is that much of a burden and you're going to give people grief over it, then frankly I don't want you on the race track with me.

Get a grip, kids, and grow up. Treat these people with at least the respect that any normal human being deserves, topped off with increased respect for voluntarily taking care of this task, and you might find you'll get a lot more cooperation towards your desires.

Rant off.

What I got was an earful of how much of an a**h*le many of you bastards can really be. Rudeness, threats, screaming; all this over number conflicts! If you're so insecure as to feel like using something other than your "lucky number" is a near-death experience, or are so pained that to spend $20 or so to replace vinyl is that much of a burden and you're going to give people grief over it, then frankly I don't want you on the race track with me.[/b]
    Amen and howdy, boy. Good rant.

Witnessed "numbers tantrums" myownsef. Working Friday night at Registration...somebody shows up and wants to know why they "...didn't get their number ?". "Well listen, Sport...you're at a track with different race groupings...and you DIDN'T EVER BOTHER TO REGISTER UNTIL 5 DAYS AGO, so don't get all pissy at me about it...and DON'T EVER START ABOUT NOT GETTING A GARAGE RENTAL !!!!". I'll just stand there and pray that they blow a motor getting the car off the trailer. Self-absorbed idiots.

I don't think that anyone on this forum would condone rudeness. I'm having trouble reaching Kristen. Her email ([email protected]) does not work for me. Any ideas how to contact her? Thanks...
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T

My response from her is:

[email protected]

Might want to put something in the subject lline. maybe it's getting stuck in a spam folder?

As an alternate, if it really becomes and issue, PM Jeremy (sorry Jeremy, LOL) on this site with the request and he can copy and paste it to her. I'm sure it's just an electronic screw up!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Okay gentlemen,

See Kristen is/was using yahoo and yahoo decided that she must be a spammer becuase she had sent soooo many e-mails. Shut her right down! So it might be that some of you are still caught in that loop. I couldn't send her e-mail but her sister could. Now figure that out!

Someone mentioned they would do this - be careful what you say. It is not as easy as it first appears. For each request you get you need to check the list and see if it is held for someone from last year. Oh and since the race groups are now different you need to check who should get a number that was owned by 2 different drivers last year. ANd of course you have special requests for consecutive numbers not starting with 5(multiple car teams). So you send a reply back saying you have your number and what it is. Now you do this for 500 drivers who usually send them in on the same week and well you get behind. Not to mention you are working full time and taking care of two kids (Stephen and Jeremy - sorry Jermey!) Reality is it takes about 2 1/2 hours to answer 15 to 20 e-mails. It is a slow process - and you look at your in box and it just keeps growing and growing...

I know most of you are very polite but somedays it just is too much! Not a particular person but just the frustration of trying to work out the conflicts. And Greg is right - he did listen when I whined and was even nicer the next year - if that is possible.

Marianne - still doing NEDIV numbers.
    For the fun of it!

And here I am coming in to give you guys the scoop on what is going on. Guess I was a day late. Sorry Anthony, I just sent you a PM on the new email.

Well, NER and NARRC sites should be updated with the new email address: [email protected].

Thank you, Greg, for putting into words exactly what Kristen has been feeling. There are a few that are a total PITA! I've taken the keyboard from her a few times to respond to people, and after toneing down the response, it gets resolved. Overall, most people are fine, it is 20% or so that are tough. Whoever said they would gladly do this job....you might get your wish, I already stopped her once from quitting this damn job.

And, as Marianne said, Yahoo determined that the 500-600 emails about Number Reservations must be spam. So they just shut down her account with no warning. We have been arguing with yahoo for the last several days, just to get some contacts, etc out of the email. This email was also used for her job, so now she is losing that information as well. It is just another PITA.

Anyway, the IT groups were done last week. As Dick mentioned, he got his number last week. So should have all IT drivers that requested it (not sure what happened to Anthony1K...send an email to her...we talked about this last week and as I mentioned, I don't think she received your initial request).

Anything else, or did I cover it all?

Jeremy
    "It's a fact..."

. Overall, most people are fine, it is 20% or so that are tough. ...

Jeremy [/b]
    Thats just wrong! If she gets 100 requests, thats 20 rude people? WAY too much! I say let her rip! I've seen the tip of that iceburg, and once word gets out that you don't cross her, I bet everybody toes the line...

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com