Ray, while we may talk here amongst ourselves about the skill levels in different groupings, I'm looking at it from the standpoint of grouping classes or cars together that handle in a similar fashion.
IT cars will corner and do the straights in the same way, unlike the cars on spec tires and stock suspension. There is less likelyhood of incidents happening because a car gets by in a straight line only to crash into you on the turn.
Look at what happened to Ed & John this past weekend. That driver apparently didn't have a prayer of making the turn carrying the speed he was carrying. And he was doing it becuase he had the straight line speed to close so much on them. So he was trying to use it to bonzai past. (or is it bonsai? which one is the mini tree?? )
Seems to me that this will give the least amount of interference between the groupings. We're still going to have a varying range of skill levels. We can live with that when we can equalize things out in the handling aspects.
Andy, I like those proposed groups too. And thank you Dick for the info on where to go from here. I will be tossing my 2 cents worth into the mix, for better or worse.