Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nov. FasTrack is up

My understanding from tech is that a belt bought anytime during '07 expires on 12/31/08...two years by their take.[/b]
    The techie who told you this is wrong, Chris. The correct date for your scenario is 31 Dec 09. 2007 is the year of purchase. 2008 is the first year after purchase. 2009 is the second year after purchace. Ipso facto, the belts are good to the end of 2009.

Stan

Deleted.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Pardon me, Dr. K.

The lure of a high paying job, while I was in grad school, was too great. It allowed me to aviod bankruptcy.

People do volunteer work for different reasons, sometimes nobel and sometimes not. It has nothing to do with diminished (or enhanced) mental capacity.

I'd rather drive every single event, but I feel like I need to give something back, instead of just taking.

One final thing: The NA of Tech, Bill Pichardo, is a member of your elite club.

[/b]
    Take a deep breath there toughguy. Did you miss the little wink-guy there beside it? Maybe you missed the fact that K was taking a bit of a tongue in cheek potshot at one of his co-drivers, who is also a tech steward? (that one is a lot easier to miss)

Enhance your calm.
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

breathe out...breathe in,,,re-read

Sorry there, Ty.

I've spent a lot of weekends over the past two decades doing darn near ever job that gets done at an SCCA event - including tech at tracks that didn't even have "sheds" - and have nothing but respect for our volunteers.

K

[quote]
    I'm a little surprised that some of the sharp-eyed regulars here didn't catch the obvious hiccup in the last sentence of the "Minimum Weight Decals" paragraph. I'm sure we would all agree on what it was supposed to mean, but what it actually says is something entirely different. As I understand the 3rd sentence, you will be disqualified from the event for displaying a weight that is less than that called out as the specified minimum.

"If the displayed number should be found at any time to be lower than the current minimum weight, the competitor will at a minimum be disqualified from the event automatically."

Right up until the guy I'm racing with rubs his tire in my door or body where my weight sticker is and rubs part of it off with his tire. Non compliance: you are DQ'ed. That's how I read it.

Sorry there, Ty.

I've spent a lot of weekends over the past two decades doing darn near ever job that gets done at an SCCA event - including tech at tracks that didn't even have "sheds" - and have nothing but respect for our volunteers.

K
    [/b]
    Sorry I went off on you. Post deleted and PM on the way.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Makes me wonder how many drivers who havnt memorized their cars min weight are out there.
    [/b]
    ITE -- No minimum weight

ITR -- 2800lbs.

How's that :P

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

I'm going to the print shop to order my "minimum weight NA" stickers ASAP.
    Jerry

Lone Star Regional Executive
    Lone Star Tech Chief.

I'm a little surprised that some of the sharp-eyed regulars here didn't catch the obvious hiccup in the last sentence of the "Minimum Weight Decals" paragraph. I'm sure we would all agree on what it was supposed to mean, but what it actually says is something entirely different. As I understand the 3rd sentence, you will be disqualified from the event for displaying a weight that is less than that called out as the specified minimum.

"If the displayed number should be found at any time to be lower than the current minimum weight, the competitor will at a minimum be disqualified from the event automatically." [/b]
    Yes, that is what it says. It is even worse than that... My definition of any would mean that if your decal isn't correct from the moment you get your tech sticker until impound ends, the automatic penalty is a DQ.

Yeah, but guys, the idea is to make sure the weight is correct, and thats fine. If you're worried about it getting rubbed off, then getting DQ'ed (and the tech guy would have to be a complete A** to do that the first time around), then be smart....stick it to the inside of the rear side window or something.

I just don't think this is that big a deal.....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I'd be willing to bet this one gets a re-write. It's kinda like the ruling that came out a few years ago where the chief steward had to approve the mirrors on all cars. That one was dropped shortly after coming into print.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I say stick it the roof. By the time that gets rubbed off weight is the last of your problems

Is there a preffered place for this weight sticker? I think it would be good if they are all in the same place.
    John Norris
    ITR E36 BMW "sprint car" & ITS E36 "enduro car"
    "I vas too fast for racing and too low for flying"
    Hans Stuck jr

From experience: the side of the car around (or on) the rear quarter glass is good. Plainly visible to the guy reading the scales, and far enough up so it's not obscured by the table the readout is sitting on...

The idea for this, I suspect, came from the runoffs tech stickers. They have a place to write in the weight, displacement and maybe track. The runoffs supps state they must be on the doors (or the engine cover of an open wheel car) and most guys put them up near the mirror. I've never seen one get rubbed there.

BTW, this will be a big time saver for the good folks running the scale. Not so much for IT or open wheel cars, but prod and GT car weights are harder for the guys and gals behind the scale table to figure out.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Is this sticker just a number, or is there some other identifying info as well?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Is this sticker just a number, or is there some other identifying info as well?
    [/b]
    I figure mine will say “unattainable minimum weight 2280”
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I figure mine will say “unattainable minimum weight 2280”
    [/b]
    I'm on board with that! Without a ground up rebuild and the drivers cutting off all their extremities there's no way we're getting to our minimum weight.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion