Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nov. FasTrack is up

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fil...1-fastrack.pdf

Nothing of consequence (no IT content at all). Only notable items are that the expiration date of your belts will be recorded at you annual, and that you must now include min. weight stickers on your car.

and that you must now include min. weight stickers on your car.
    [/b]
    Now where did I put that pad of post-it-notes.......
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

I guess the stickers would make it easier for tech during weight in. The belt expiration date confuses me a little since the current belts rules say they are good till 12/31 of the expiration year.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

We're going to 12 month annuals (inspection good for 12 calendar months). This way the tech inspector can use the logbook to determine if you're in compliance.

Example: you got your annual in June, but belts expire this year. When you try to enter a race in January the tech inspector will be able to see that your belts expired and must be inspected before approval for competition...

GA

Greg thanks for that clarification. I must have glossed over the wording change to the annual tech rule. Im actually happy to see that change.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Boy...I can see all the comments posted on the side of cars next to weights. Some are going to be tough to find amongst all the paint schemes and advertising space.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Signage guidelines suggest 1" of letter height per 10 feet of viewing distance as a minimum, to accommodate folks with diminished vision. Handy ex-graphic guy trivia...

K

EDIT - since we're dealing with tech inspectors, we may be more concerned with 'diminished mental capacity.' Comments on spec weights are probably not required to meet the minimum size.

Makes me wonder how many drivers who havnt memorized their cars min weight are out there.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Hey, Knestis, better be careful...I'm watching you...

The weight thing is not a bad idea. If you've ever worked (or watched) post-race Tech weighing, it can be a fustercluck in mixed groups trying to figure out what car gets what weight (especially in Prod and GT, where the weight is based more on the engine than on the make/model.) So, Tech puts the responsibility on the competitor for advertising their legal weight (right where all their competitors can see it, too.) - GA

the last sentence in this paragraph is unclear to me without a picture. Are they just suggesting that you have a crossbar low down on your main hoop? Or a continuous rectangular shaped main hoop with the lower corners (with 3x radius) somehow attached to baseplates?

(on re-read, I see that this applies to Production cars, not IT, but I'm still curious what they mean)
    thanks,
    bruce

C. Fabrication - Open and Closed Automobiles
    The main hoop shall be one continuous length of tubing with smooth continuous
    bends and no evidence of crimping or wall failure. The minimum radius for all bends shall be
    three (3) times the tube diameter measured from the tube centerline. Whenever possible, the
    roll hoops should start from the floor of the automobile, and, in the case of tube frame
    construction, be attached to the tubes by means of gussets or metal webs in order to
    distribute the loads. On automobiles of frameless or uni-body construction, consideration
    should be given to using a vertical roll hoop of 360 degrees completely around the inside of
    the automobile and attached with suitable mounting plates.

18.6 is production roll cages.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

I'm a little surprised that some of the sharp-eyed regulars here didn't catch the obvious hiccup in the last sentence of the "Minimum Weight Decals" paragraph. I'm sure we would all agree on what it was supposed to mean, but what it actually says is something entirely different. As I understand the 3rd sentence, you will be disqualified from the event for displaying a weight that is less than that called out as the specified minimum.

"If the displayed number should be found at any time to be lower than the current minimum weight, the competitor will at a minimum be disqualified from the event automatically."

On edit: Never mind!!!! I've read it back to myself again, and it makes perfect sense. I'm not having a good day here!

Gary Learned
    MiDiv
    Volvo 142E
    http://www.youtube.com/user/denrael

When is this weight sticker going into effect ?

If I understand the belt rule now, the date is for the calender year. Meaning, January '07-January '09. So for the people in the cold weather states who might not race until May, we really only get a year and a half for belts, rather than making it two years form tech.

When is this weight sticker going into effect ?
    [/b]
    Pending board approval...1/1/07
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

If I understand the belt rule now, the date is for the calender year. Meaning, January '07-January '09. So for the people in the cold weather states who might not race until May, we really only get a year and a half for belts, rather than making it two years form tech.
    [/b]
    "Restraint systems meeting SFI 16.1 shall bear a dated ‘SFI
    Spec 16.1’ label. The certification indicated by this label
    shall expire on December 31st of the 2nd year after the date
    of manufacture as indicated by the label.
    "

If you buy a harness manufactured any time in '07, it expires 12/31/09. You can get three seasons out of it.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

If you buy a harness manufactured any time in '07, it expires 12/31/09. You can get three seasons out of it.
    [/quote]
    I might be wrong, but that's not how I read it. The date on my seatbelts includes the month of manufacture and the year. My understanding from tech is that a belt bought anytime during '07 expires on 12/31/08...two years by their take.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Seems clear to me. I think your tech contacts are wrong. If it's manufactured in '07, then '08 is the first year after. The second year after is '09.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

What Marty said.
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

If you buy a harness manufactured any time in '07, it expires 12/31/09. You can get three seasons out of it.[/b]
    This is correct.