Thread: Gauge installation

I am finally putting together a true gauge package on my car. I went with the larger diameter gauges for quick readability. My plan was to install them to the right of the OEM gauge cluster. In order to make them fit I will need to relocate the heater controls lower, and remove the OEM switch panel between the cluster and heater controls. I was hoping to fit them above the heater controls but it just won't work.

I do intend to keep the heater controls functional, as I use them regularly. Does anyone see a problem with this?

Found a picture of something similar (hope you don't mind Bildon). I intend to mount the heater controls either in the bottom of the large flat panel, or where the bottom switch panel is here.

Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

I went with standard size gauges, I have no problem with reading them at all. I did however choose a silver background to make them visible in next to no light. The only thing I would have to do if I went for enduro would be to actually wire up the lighting for them since I neglected to do so for sprint racing. My gauges fit in my din pannel and I still have my heater control. I know some have removed the main cluster and installed their gauges there too.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I already have the guages, so I will be sticking with the large size. The tach and oil pressure will sit in the OEM cluster location. I just need to make some space for three guages. I am actually leaning towards keeping the controls in the same area, but mounting them in the flat panel so I can nudge them down a bit to make room.

To me it is obvious that there is no performance advantage being sought, but I would like some input from others.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

I belive such modification in order to add the guages is legal.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Looks good Chris

Consider it done. Thanks
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd